Author Topic: "MusicBee cant match the device name to an existing configuration"  (Read 1472 times)

landoooo

Hi! As many here im trying to switch from itunes+isyncr+rocket player and embrace the MB ecosystem. The MB app seems to have everything i was looking for in a music manager app replacing iTunes. The only issue i have found so far is about importing smart playlists straight from itunes. The only manner i have found is to manually create them again  :-\

My blocking point at the moment is about MB - Android 12 synchronization. I managed to install the @boringname's reviewed version of the app, but everytime i try to perform a sync via wifi I keep receiving the "MusicBee cant match the device name to an existing configuration" error message:

The app keeps suggesting me a name ("M2007J3SG") that corresponds to the device name under "Wireless debugging" settings menu, but not with the device name in the phone ("Mi 10T Pro"), nor the bluetooth device name ("Mi 10T Pro"), nor the name of the device in windows ("Mi 10T Pro" too). Worth mentioning the "M2007J3SG" device name in the wireless debuggin menu is greyed out, so there is no way (at least not easy way) to change it.

It doesnt matter if I type and retype the "Mi 10T Pro" in the app and click on locate server. I keep receiving the very same message, and the device name in the app gets reset to the originally proposed "M2007J3SG".

Just to mention that i did the first wired sync tutorials talk about.

Any idea of what could be happening and how can I be able to start synching stuff?