Author Topic: A Few Problems  (Read 1196 times)

Steven

• Administrator
did you update to the patch version i linked above?
And is there anything in the error log around the time you import files (help/ support/ view error log)

Free_Jazz_Listener

did you update to the patch version i linked above?
And is there anything in the error log around the time you import files (help/ support/ view error log)

As for the error log:

No, admittedly, I haven’t yet.

That said, if you don’t mind my asking, what do you mean by “replace the existing musicbee application files?” I’ve downloaded the latest Microsoft Store version of the app.
Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 04:30:09 PM by Free_Jazz_Listener

phred

• Global Moderator
The Store version can not be patched nor updated.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Free_Jazz_Listener

The Store version can not be patched nor updated.
Well then—if you don’t mind my asking—what should I do in order to fix the issue?

phred

• Global Moderator
Well then—if you don’t mind my asking—what should I do in order to fix the issue?
If you want to keep the Store version then you have no choice but to wait for the next Store version to be released. Which could be a while.

I suggest using the Installer or Portable versions which both get continual patch updates. I strongly recommend the Portable as it's much easier to backup and/or move to another PC simply by copying the entire directory in which it lives. If using the Portable, place it in a non-Windows controlled directory, such as C:\MusicBee. There is no functional difference between the Portable and the Installer.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Free_Jazz_Listener

Just updated to the latest beta version, and it still doesn’t work:

(The Max Roach et al. albums had been added manually.)

What should I do in order to fix the issue?

Oh, this time around, though, there’s something in the error log:

That said, as always, thank you very much in advance.
Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 03:03:43 AM by Free_Jazz_Listener

phred

• Global Moderator
Please copy and paste from the error log. Steven can troubleshoot from a screenshot.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Free_Jazz_Listener

Alright, I see; sorry:

7/14/2022 2:29:41 AM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.4.8227.39818D - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MusicBeeIPod, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'MusicBeeIPod, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at #=zFnIj_VGtYhedShj9eYHq5Q8=.#=zy3u6dqMos31O(Boolean #=zyIo5jQRnNSfuYhOIpg==)
   at #=zFnIj_VGtYhedShj9eYHq5Q8=..cctor()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

7/14/2022 2:30:40 AM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.4.8227.39818D - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MusicBeeIPod, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'MusicBeeIPod, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at #=zFnIj_VGtYhedShj9eYHq5Q8=.#=zy3u6dqMos31O(Boolean #=zyIo5jQRnNSfuYhOIpg==)
   at #=zFnIj_VGtYhedShj9eYHq5Q8=..cctor()

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

7/14/2022 2:31:06 AM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.5.8150.17011D - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MusicBeeIPod, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at #=zqD$$AZUknYvDoXkkm1M4bzM=.#=zxs2dThYbmDxi(Boolean #=zebhX$a4uy9Eu6Si_lA==)
   at #=zqD$$AZUknYvDoXkkm1M4bzM=..cctor()

7/14/2022 2:46:08 AM - File open failed: 'D:\Miscellaneous Files\Tinashe\01. Tinashé - Rascal (Superstar).flac' - Unable to load DLL 'libFLAC.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
7/14/2022 3:32:13 AM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.5.8150.17011D - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MusicBeeIPod, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

7/14/2022 3:41:35 PM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.5.8150.17011D - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MusicBeeIPod, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 03:01:36 PM by Free_Jazz_Listener

Steven

• Administrator
Either your security software is removing the files referred to or you have not followed the installation instructions.
Try whitelisting MB in the security software you use and then re-install
The patch version is 3.5.8230 so it looks like you havent applied the patch version either
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files are re-installing

Free_Jazz_Listener

Either your security software is removing the files referred to or you have not followed the installation instructions.
Try whitelisting MB in the security software you use and then re-install
The patch version is 3.5.8230 so it looks like you havent applied the patch version either
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files are re-installing

Hello. I’d successfully whitelisted MusicBee in the security software, but since I reinstalled it, I haven’t been able to run it:

Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 03:19:18 PM by Free_Jazz_Listener

phred

• Global Moderator
It looks like you still have the Store version installed.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki