Author Topic: A Few Problems  (Read 1198 times)

Free_Jazz_Listener

They are as follows: slow/laggy scrolling and not being able to add new files automatically despite having enabled: check for updated or missing files on startup, add new files to the library; all the files, moreover, are located in monitored folders—continuously—and NOT added to the inbox.

Proof of laggy scrolling: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uU5-9Bea6B45ir290Uu0AEpRVo48YJxE/view

That said, thank you very much In advance.
Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 01:42:18 PM by Free_Jazz_Listener

Steven

• Administrator
usually when someone says a file is not being added its either in the Inbox (which you say its not) or its already in the library but not tagged as expected. If you switch to the tracks view and add the Url field/ sort by Url then you can see if it is already in the library.
If you are convinced its not in the library then try manual drag/ drop from windows explorer.
Also try updating to the latest 3.5
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

For the laggy scrolling, how are you performing the scrolling? If its mouse wheel, i guess its possible the wheel increment is set to a an unexpected value so I would need you to run a debug version.

Free_Jazz_Listener

Hello. How can I add “the Url field?” Thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
In Track Details view > right-click on any column header > set displayed fields... > find URL (on the left) and drag it to the right.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Free_Jazz_Listener

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I’ve been dealing with this issue since I reinstalled MusicBee and didn’t back anything up.

Free_Jazz_Listener

In Track Details view > right-click on any column header > set displayed fields... > find URL (on the left) and drag it to the right.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to find it on my part.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Did you scroll all the way through? That field list is sorted alphabetically. So URL is somewhere further down the line between Track# and Video Kind.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Free_Jazz_Listener

Did you scroll all the way through? That field list is sorted alphabetically. So URL is somewhere further down the line between Track# and Video Kind.

Well, it turns out I’m an idiot; I’ve found it. Thank you.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
After adding it, did you do the things you were asked to do?

Free_Jazz_Listener

I’ve just attempted to add a tune to the Library, and it’s nowhere to be seen via the URL field:

That said, the manual drag does work—as does ‘Add Files to Library.’

(Oh, luckily, though, the laggy-scrolling problem has ceased to exist.)
Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 07:53:18 PM by Free_Jazz_Listener

Free_Jazz_Listener

I wonder why it doesn’t work automatically. Any ideas why? Again, thank you in advance.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Long shot, but you never know...
Could it be that while you've got the two folders set to be monitored, you also have them concurrently set to be excluded from the monitoring?

Edit: In my testing, I can see such a thing is permitted (if it's intentional, I'd personally prefer it wasn't allowed).
Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 08:25:27 PM by Mayibongwe

Free_Jazz_Listener

Long shot, but you never know...
Could it be that while you've got the two folders set to be monitored, you also have them concurrently set to be excluded from the monitoring?

Edit: In my testing, I can see such a thing is permitted (if it's intentional, I'd personally prefer it wasn't allowed).
How could I have excluded them from the monitoring, though?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
See the Exclude... button to the right (left, I mean) of "Choose Folders..." in your first screenshot on this thread?
Click on it and check if the monitored folders are selected or not on that pop up. If they are, then that's what's causing your issue, I believe.
Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 11:53:19 PM by Mayibongwe

Free_Jazz_Listener

See the Exclude... button to the right (left, I mean) of "Choose Folders..." in your first screenshot on this thread?
Click on it and check if the monitored folders are selected or not on that pop up. If they are, then that's what's causing your issue, I believe.

They’re not.