Author Topic: Which devices work with MusicBee's two-way syncronization now?  (Read 659 times)

hokusho

Just wondering, because I want to get a Fiio DAP so I can have two-way sync back, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Thanks in advance.

phred

• Global Moderator
PowerAmp and GoneMad are the two Android apps that do two-way sync via MB's WiFi Sync app available on the play store.

What I remember from my miserable experiences with a couple of different Filo devices, they ran an old Android OS and since the OS couldn't be updated only the wired sync worked, but I never tried two-way. So if the device you're thinking of getting as a recent version of Android OS, it might work. If you have you're heart set on that device, make sure you buy from a vendor who accepts returns if the sync doesn't perform to your liking.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

BoringName

It looks like GoneMad can work on at least some Fiio devices
https://gonemadmusicplayer.proboards.com/thread/1056/plans-support-fiio-music-player

The M6 in that thread is running a customized version of Android 7.0 which might be too old for the wifi app to work.

From what I can tell their latest player is the M17 and that is running Android 10. In theory that should work but as they use customized versions of Android it's impossible to know until someone tests it. eg) they might not let third party apps have write access which means GoneMad wouldn't be able to create the stats file required for reverse syncing.