Author Topic: MusicBee crashing after Windows User Account Control screen.  (Read 1110 times)

Dampire

Hi!

I'm having some issues with MusicBee after I open a new instance of MS Excel of other program.

Whenever I open a new instance, MS OFFICE window pops up and right after I click "Yes" the player crashes. It also crashes with any program which opens the Windows User Account Control window (reggedit. cmd...).  I dunno what is going on. It was happening before I format my system due to another problem but this problem seems to persist after a clean install of the system and the player.

I tried to search for the error log, however the log didn't register nothing.

Could someone help me with this annoying issue?

phred

• Global Moderator
I can't recall seeing anyone on the forum with a similar issue.

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

Try using the Portable version available from the download section of the website. Install it in a directory outside of Windows control, such as C:\MusicBee. Once installed apply the latest 3.5 patch following the link and instructions in my signature below.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dampire

Hi phred

The Version: 3.4.8033

About the installation, I used the normal installer.

What are the differences between the installer to portable? How am I going to to replicate all settings to the new installation, like artists covers, settings and visualizations?

phred

• Global Moderator
No differences whatsoever between Installer and Portable. You can backup and restore your settings and panel arrangement via the Edit and View menu items in the menu bar. Search the forum for details. If your album covers are embedded in the music files there should be no problem. Play counts may be lost. Someone else will have to weigh in on that. You'll have to reinstall and configure plugins.

My suggestion is to "install" the Portable and keep the Installer until you have everything configured the way you want. Once you feel you've got everything, uninstall the Installer. Then apply the latest 3.5 parch from my signature. Be sure to place the Portable in a brand new directory NOT under Windows control. Something like c:\MusicBee.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Dampire

I installed in a separated Hdd.

After setting up the player I decided to open a program that pops up the User Account Control and it crashes.

I guess I found out the culprit. It is the MilkDrop 2 visualizer. After changing the visualizer the player stopped crashing. I don't know why this plugin is crashing MusicBee.

If you have any clue, please let me know!

Thank you for your assistance!

phred

• Global Moderator
If you have any clue, please let me know!
Sorry, I don't use any visualizers, and therefore can't offer any assistance. Hopefully someone else will see this and be able to help.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ Dampire
Make sure MB is set to Large Address Aware.
Guide can be found here.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Dampire

@ Bee-liever

I followed your advice and unfortunately the problem didn't go away.

Never mind, I will just stop using this plugin.

Thank you!