Author Topic: No Longer Being Warned When Duplicates Are Added to a Playlist  (Read 850 times)

frankz

3.5.8213 P

Unless an additional setting has been added that I'm not aware of or something else has changed, it seems a warning is no longer presented when a duplicate song is added to a playlist.  The duplicate does get added and "1 file added" shows up in the status at the bottom, but no warning.

I've tried it with songs that have the same title/artist but different file names, and even with the actual same file, and neither presents the warning.

I do have the option to warn checked in confirmations.

Steven

• Administrator
what steps are you using to add the files to the playlist?
I did make a change to right click/ Include in Playlist

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
actually right click/ Include in Playlist wouldn't prompt for duplicates
- if the all the selected files are in the playlist already, a tick should display and by unticking you are removing
- if some of the selected files are in the playlist already, an indeterminate tick should display and by ticking, only the files not already in the playlist will be added
- if none of the  selected files are in the playlist already, no tick is displayed and by ticking all files will be added to the playlist

I believe it has been like that for some time since v3.5 - are you saying that it wasnt working this way until recently?

frankz

I don't keep up with every update, but until very recently (maybe a week ago - the last time I updated before that might have been a few weeks or month before) "warn when duplicate files are added to a playlist" warned me when duplicate files were added to a playlist.  Now it does not.  Definitely worked this way for some versions of 3.5 I've been on it for some time and I only noticed this last night.

I understand if there's some reason to not warn when adding using this method, but for me a visual tick really isn't enough of an indication and keeping up with what each tick means is infinitely harder to follow than "these files are duplicates do you really want to add them"?

I'm willing to change my methodology if putting the warning functionality back to working across all addition methods isn't feasible. What method would I need to use to add files from track view into a playlist that would induce this warning?

IMO, "warn when duplicate files are added to a playlist" should always warn.

Steven

• Administrator
this reverts to that behavior
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip

edit:
i just tried v3.5.8150 and its following the behavior i described, so wasnt prompting. I guess i will see what other feedback is given if any which might change the decision
Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 06:23:43 AM by Steven

frankz

Thank you.  I can verify that I am receiving the traditional warning with this latest version.

hiccup

I also prefer having a warning.
And isn't it the case that people who don't want that warning can simply uncheck it in preferences?

Coogan

I would like to keep the warning.  Very useful.
My MusicBee Version: