Author Topic: LyricsReloaded discussion  (Read 1375 times)

Redearth

It's time for this or a new plugin to use APIs instead of page-scraping.

There's almost literally a ticking clock on this plugin using these sorta websites.

This won't last long, but it's at least a step forward: https://github.com/slonopot/Beenius
Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 11:17:44 AM by Redearth

phred

• Global Moderator
There's almost literally a ticking clock on this plugin using these sorta websites.
The person who created this updated plugin has previously stated that anyone who wants to take it over should contact him. He admittedly has stated he doesn't have the technical knowledge to keep it going. But somehow he does.

If you don't like the way it works, feel free to take over the plugin or create your own.

For many of us, it's working just fine and somehow, despite not wanting to, frankz keeps it going.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Redearth

The person who created this updated plugin has previously stated that anyone who wants to take it over should contact him. He admittedly has stated he doesn't have the technical knowledge to keep it going. But somehow he does.
If you don't like the way it works, feel free to take over the plugin or create your own.
For many of us, it's working just fine and somehow, despite not wanting to, frankz keeps it going.

I was literally one of the people that tried to take it over and help fix it for the community.
I'm telling you it's broken.
Feel free to look at my post history.
I want to help, but  it's fucking hard.

phred

• Global Moderator
Don't you think if it were truly broken more people would raising issues? It works for me. And many, many others.
No need to discuss it any further.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Redearth

I was literally one of the people that tried to take it over and help fix it for the community.
Feel free to look at my post history.
I want to help, but  it's fucking hard.
Don't you think if it were truly broken more people would raising issues? It works for me. And many, many others.
No need to discuss it any further.

No, because no one uses it except forum members, and the forum members that use it are not developers.

You have a club where no one who downloads the plugin is able to get it to work unless they visit this forum.
People don't use MusicBee plugins because of the culture of this forum. Full stop.

Why on earth would you expect people to raise issues if they aren't even members of this forum?
Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 10:23:26 AM by Redearth

hiccup

No, because no one uses it except forum members

What utter nonsense.

So you are making false and rather dumb assumptions just for the sake of continuing to argue and spoiling this thread?
Is that your 'purpose' on this forum?

frankz

You have a club where no one who downloads the plugin is able to get it to work unless they visit this forum.
Why do you keep saying this when it's not true as hasn't been true since before you started saying it here?

I'm the first to admit that the plug-in will last only as long as the sites allow the lyrics to be read in plain-text from URLs that can be parsed. I've said that for years.  But, thanks to resourceful forum members who understand how to navigate regex (including you), the plug-in works out of the box now.  

The whole reason I took over the abandoned plug-in in the first place was the very problem you cite.  That was four years ago. I've never said I was any kind of developer.  I learned the coding language and Visual Studio platform only as far as I needed to fix what was originally wrong with the plug-in and then moved on to other things.  I've shouted this from the roof since day one. 

Seeing as how you can't help but remind everyone how much smarter and more dedicated to your projects you are than everyone else at every turn, there's nothing stopping you from doing the same thing I did, forking it, and making it the greatest, most well maintained plug-in ever.  I've been begging for someone - anyone - to do this for years.  

Instead of doing this useful thing that might actually help someone, you prefer to spend your time antagonizing people who do nothing here but try to help other people.  What makes you behave this way? It's unseemly.

Havokdan

I think we should have a clean up on this thread, creating a thread of our own for this discussion, if that's the case.

hiccup

I think we should have a clean up on this thread, creating a thread of our own for this discussion, if that's the case.
I agree.

Ideally all posts starting from reply #405 (#406 if you are logged in) up till this one would simply get deleted.
But of course every poster involved here would need to agree on this.
Speaking for my contributions here, I don't mind having them deleted in that case.

If that's not going to happen, split them and move them to 'whatever'?
Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 04:15:42 PM by hiccup

LazR

This won't last long, but it's at least a step forward: https://github.com/slonopot/Beenius

I appreciate you for this man, using it as a backup if Reloaded goes down and no issues so far. I always wanted to write the same project but I only know R