Author Topic: Multiple artist splitter dropping a letter and splitting a name into two  (Read 370 times)

Sai Krithik

So the name of the artist is G. V. Prakash Kumar (the initials being G. V.) but it categorises the "V." as some splitting character/ separator like "ft." or "and" or"&" or something like that. It drops the "V." then splits the G and the rest of the name as two separate artists as shown in the image embedded above. Usually what I do is then manually edit the name but it is tedious and there must be a better way. It doesn't happen for other characters only for "V." (The V must be followed by a dot).

It doesn't happen if the letters have no space like "G.V." but then, I must change the artist name for the whole library of songs which has his name and it is not something feasible. Also I like to keep things uniform so I want it to be consistent with the other artists who have similar double lettered initials with a space in between.
Is there a way where I could exclude the V. as some separator?
Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 07:11:07 PM by Sai Krithik

Steven

• Administrator

Sai Krithik

Is it possible to exclude or to change that treatment? Because it interferes with the name of  the artist in the metadata.

hiccup

Looking this up out of some linguistic interest:

It seems v or v. is only used for legal documents.
For other purposes it is vs. or vs

I don't think V. (capital letter) is ever used as an abbreviation for versus.

Steven

• Administrator
@Sai, what version of MB are you using? it should be splitting capital "V." only when its lower case

Sai Krithik

My Musicbee version is 3.4.7764 P
No it is splitting both caps as well as small "v." but if it is not followed by the dot it doesn't split. But I don't want to remove the dot following every initials of every single artist name, (in order to maintain the consistency) as it would be an additional tedious work whenever I download a set of new music files.

Sai Krithik

UPDATE: Issue is solved here with the latest update 3.5

I have updated the musicbee to the latest one, This issue is no longer happening. Now the "V." is not treated as a separator.

Thank you very much sir. :) It means much to me.