Author Topic: auto-organise / other library settings not being exported  (Read 315 times)

lueromat

I'm using two laptops and a sync program (syncthing) to sync my mp3 library. I have set up my MB library on one laptop, including adjusting the auto-organise settings, and everything is working as expected.

Now, I wanted to export those settings to set up the MB instance on my other laptop, but the when I click "load settings snapshop",  those settings are not imported.

Am I misunderstanding what this export settings option does? Or am I missing something else?

phred

• Global Moderator
Typically the saved settings snapshot is for use as a backup on the same machine on which it was created. I suppose it would work on a different machine if the install paths were exactly the same. Along with the paths to all the other parts of MB that refer to paths.

I suggest using two Portable versions instead of your current setup. Be sure to "install" it in a directory outside of Windows control. Such as C:\MusicBee. Do the main laptop first. Then simply copy the entire MB directory to the other laptop, either via a USB stick or through your home network.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

lueromat

about to give this a try, but it's unclear to me how MB treats the userdata directory that I have now, with library, settings, artist pictures, backups etc. - will that be integrated to the portable installation, or can this folder still exist outisde the portable folder? trying to figure out what I have to keep in sync using my sync program