Author Topic: MusicBee & Windows !!  (Read 722 times)

Ian Ellinor

Anyone having problems getting the Bee to work on W-11 ?? Partly working on my W-11 laptop but frustrated by not being able to download the full music library - albums download minus tracks - tried several times with all the usual routines and workarounds, to no avail. Really disappointing as the Bee works perfectly on my W-10 desktop. Interested in any comments/help please. ;D  8)

Steven

• Administrator
i use MB with windows 11 without issue. I have no idea what you mean by "download the full music library - albums download minus tracks" - if you want help from anyone you will need to provide more information on what you are doing

Ian Ellinor

So what part of "download the full music library" and "albums download minus tracks" do you not understand ??

As I mentioned in my original post, I have MusicBee working perfectly on W-10 but can only get it to work partially on W-11 - any helpful advice would be much appreciated.

Using "add files to library", where tracks are missing - doesn't work.

Using "scan folders for new files" where tracks are missing - doesn't work.

Have de-installed & re-installed MusicBee several times with the same results. Have just about given up so anything on here would be helpful - thankyou.

phred

• Global Moderator
So what part of "download the full music library" and "albums download minus tracks" do you not understand ??
I also do not understand what a) you mean by those statements, and b) what you're trying to do.
How do you "download an album without the tracks"?
How/why/to where are you "downloading the full music library"?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

OP I think the word "download" doesn't mean what you think it means. Do you mean "import"?

I agree with the previous replies that what you wrote doesn't make much sense.

Also, in English, "What part of...don't you understand?" is a pretty confrontational and obnoxious question to pose toward people who are trying to help you.   In English, it implies that you said something very self-explanatory that the person asking for clarification is demonstrating themselves to be too stupid to understand. I'm sure that you, as the person asking other people to figure out how to do something you can't figure out how to do, didn't mean it that way.
Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 10:52:55 PM by frankz

Ian Ellinor

Thanks frankz, and yes, I probably should have used "import" instead of "download". Not being an IT wiz, I haven't quite mastered the vocab yet.

So, trying to import stuff from my hard drive into MusicBee, using W-11, I'm having problems to get all tracks to transfer.

Hope that explains stuff a little better & thanks again. ;D

frankz

Without knowing what you're doing - the actual steps, not "the usual routines and workarounds" - we have no way to determine what you're doing wrong.

Screenshots of your settings for the tools you're trying to use within Musicbee would be helpful here.