Author Topic: Navigation-Full Lock?  (Read 707 times)

Coogan

What does Navigation-Full Lock actually do?

My MusicBee Version:

BoringName

It removes the close X on the tab so you can't accidentally close it.

When clicking on other items in the tree it will open a new tab instead of changing the current tab.

If the tab is set to music, I have found there is no difference between partial lock and full lock. But if the tab is set to playlists and you set it to partial lock, it will allow you to select different playlists in the current tab. If you change it to full lock, selecting a different playlist will open up a new tab with that playlist.

Coogan

Thanks for the reply.  I like that feature.  I hate when I click on a playlist and it changes the tab to that playlist.
That's a good idea to just add another tab.
My MusicBee Version:

BoringName

Thanks for the reply.  I like that feature.  I hate when I click on a playlist and it changes the tab to that playlist.
That's a good idea to just add another tab.

Yes, I was getting a little frustrated until I found that lock. I now have a locked music tab for browsing the library with navigator, track info and thumbnail browser on the left. Nothing on the right so I can have most of the window displaying the main panel, now playing bar across the bottom. Then another locked tab for now playing to display the current play queue.

Although it looks like I have found a bug. The main panel on the now playing tab is not refreshing when the track is changed. If I remove the "now playing" bar from the music tab it works. If I add the "now Playing" bar back in it works but as soon as I restart MB, it stops working.

Coogan

Yeah I ran into a bug today when I went to close MusicBee.  I had it playing all day, went to close the program then I got a blue spinning circle.
It froze my PC, so I had to do a hard restart. Edit: I didn't report this as a bug, because it very well could be an issue with Windows 10.

Edit: I just tried out Navigation Lock (Full).  I didn't know we have to lock each tab, but after doing so it's working exactly as expected.  Creates a
new tab if I click on a playlist from my list, that doesn't already have a tab.
(I was about to make a wish for this too...) 🤣
Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 02:23:47 PM by Coogan
My MusicBee Version: