Author Topic: Wave Bar Shortened and Displays Silence for .m4a Tracks  (Read 460 times)

habibi

Not sure how this happened because I don't think in previous versions it did. How can I either fix this for the newest version or rollback versions without losing any settings or anything?

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

Typically something like that might mean the file is corrupt. You can check it with the free app mp3diags. I'm fairly certain this is not an MB issue.
What's the source of the file?
Does this happen on all tracks?
Did this happen on a previous version of MB? You say you don't think it did, but a definitive answer would be helpful.

If you're not using the Store version of MB, you can roll back by simply reinstalling a prior version. But I suggest staying within the same branch. For example, if you're now on 3.5.x you should only roll back to a recent version of 3.5. If you're on 3.4.x, then rollback to a recent 3.4. Or if on 3.4, update to 3.5.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

habibi

Version 3.5.8150 and it was installed via the installer. I tried downgrading to 3.4.8033 but the problem persists.

This happens to all .m4a tracks but they play perfectly, it's just the display of the wavebar.

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you tried a different Theatre Mode?
Does it happen with the default skin (not Theatre Mode)?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
its probably the file itself. Search the forum for instructions on installing bass_aac.dll