Author Topic: MB 3.5.8206 P doesn't display some album covers  (Read 1813 times)

karbock

Symptom:
some album covers are no longer displayed (although the cover.jpg/png files are still present in the respective folders).
A "File rescan" of those albums retrieves the album covers, which are forgotten again after MB restart.

Version concerned: 3.5.8206 P
Last functioning version: 3.5.8167 P

The impacted albums are always the same when switching from v3.5.8167 to v3.5.8206.
Cover formats: JPG, or PNG
Music formats: OGG, FLAC, or M4A with CUE

Strangely enough, when copying one of those "vanishing" covers to the folder of another album (having a correct cover display in v3.5.8206), the cover display remains correct for that album.

Steven

• Administrator
where are the pictures located and if you open the artwork tab in the tag editor is the picture displayed there?
If the picture is embedded do you have embedded pictures enabled in preferences/ Tags(1)/ artwork displayed
and if it is embedded can you send me a link to one of the problem files

karbock

There are no embedded pictures.
Each album has its separate folder, with either cover.jpg or cover.png.
In the tag editor, the artwork zone is blank, showing "drag artwork here...".

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of the 'edit list' dialog in preferences/ tags(1)/ artwork

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
are you happy to run a debug version where you rescan one of the problem albums?

karbock

Steven

• Administrator
https://mega.nz/file/AosVzbqK#0WZ5MYlAqPGrlzC4G54oQLwPZKhVxoxiYZ4cbQ48sNc

only rescan a single album for a problem file
send me the new entries in the error log.
I will need you to run another one after i see the results

karbock

I've done it for 2 albums instead of 1. You can find the error logs in the same Google Drive folder as above.

* ErrorLog.MEDIEVAL.dat concerns an album folder containing only one picture, named cover.jpg.
* ErrorLog.XMAS.dat concerns an album folder containing, next to cover.jpg, other pictures like cover.1.jpg, cover.2.jpg, ...

Steven

• Administrator
same again for C:\Users\Public\Music\CD\D31 - Classique.(Divers)\Voix\Concerto de Natal no Mosteiro de São Bento {PQPBach}.0\
and after restarting MB, send me the new entries
its only looking at that folder

https://mega.nz/file/IhlWBabb#gK5fBpvtXTNFndLAmOeVC7-1PKP28qJsouelfvLUGIo