Author Topic: New user feeling extremely stupid  (Read 630 times)

Ztruker

I just started trying to use MB. On the surface it looks simple and probably is, but I can't figure out how to get started. I have a folder with multiple sub folders where my music is located. I want to create a playlist for all the songs contained in those folders. This is why I'm feeling stupid, as I can't figure out how to do this simple task.

I am guessing I need to add the music to a library then somehow add that library to a playlist.
What are the steps I need to take to accomplish this?

Thanks, Rich

Note: The only way I can get my music into MB is by uninstalling then reinstalling and using the initial scan which allows me to point MB to the top level folder where the music is. then tell it to Scan. There has to be a way to do this later but I haven't figured out how yet.
Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 08:21:20 PM by Ztruker

phred

• Global Moderator
I suggest you spend some time looking through the Wiki. See my signature below for the link.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
Note: The only way I can get my music into MB is by uninstalling then reinstalling and using the initial scan which allows me to point MB to the top level folder where the music is. then tell it to Scan. There has to be a way to do this later but I haven't figured out how yet.
File > Scan Folders for New Files...
Bee excellent to each other...

vincent kars

Edit > Preferences > Library
Here you can set the folders to monitor and when this should be done

Ztruker

File > Scan Folders for New Files...
Zak, I tried that. it only allowed me to select a folder that contained music files. I have a nested folder structure. Some music resides 4 or 5 folders deep so that doesn't work.
I'll try it again though, thank you.

Ztruker

Edit > Preferences > Library
Here you can set the folders to monitor and when this should be done
Vincent, thank you, that did the trick, works perfectly now. Many thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Zak, I tried that. it only allowed me to select a folder that contained music files. I have a nested folder structure. Some music resides 4 or 5 folders deep so that doesn't work.

Scan Folders for New Files should definitely get any subfolders. If it doesn't, something else is wrong. I have no idea what that might be, though.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator

Scan Folders for New Files should definitely get any subfolders. If it doesn't, something else is wrong. I have no idea what that might be, though.
I think OP may have used File > Add Files to Library... instead.
Bee excellent to each other...