Author Topic: Fonts and grouping configurations  (Read 1241 times)

danielcarrington

Hey! I'm trying to tweak the Album Covers view, but I can't figure out how to do these changes:

By the way, is it also possible to set the vertical align of the fonts? I have virtual tags which use different font sizes in the same tag and sometimes the smallest one show at the top, others at the center, others at the bottom...

I also would like to change the default font of the track details rows, since I don't want to create a lot of virtual tags just to change the font  ;D
Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 02:17:57 PM by danielcarrington

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Wait, is this segment of the screenshot (highlighted in yellow) real? or you pieced it together through some photo editing software?
Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:00:04 PM by Mayibongwe
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Oh okay sorry. It's just that I was struggling to recreate some of what you have shown in there.

How to change the font of the grouping headers (Album Covers view)
I didn't find any way to do that either. It likely isn't possible to do at the moment.

How to disabled automatic space between discs (option to 'precede with a blank line' is already disabled)
Looks like that setting isn't doing anything for the "detailed list" view. It might be a bug because it's working as intended for the "compact" view.

How to manually control artist pictures
I don't think you can disable MusicBee from automatically fetching artist thumbs. What you can do however is paste your own pictures to the existing thumbs fetched by MB.

How to move the artwork info above track details in the Album and Tracks view
I couldn't find a way to do that. Which is why I was surprised by the part in your screenshot that I highlighted, because it looks like you already have that (through a virtual tag hack of sorts).

- By the way, is it also possible to set the vertical align of the fonts? I have virtual tags which use different font sizes in the same tag and sometimes the smallest one show at the top, others at the center, others at the bottom...

- I also would like to change the default font of the track details rows, since I don't want to create a lot of virtual tags just to change the font  ;D
I think those two belong in the wishlist board.

danielcarrington

How to disabled automatic space between discs (option to 'precede with a blank line' is already disabled)
Looks like that setting isn't doing anything for the "detailed list" view. It might be a bug because it's working as intended for the "compact" view.

Actually it works. When I use a subgroup I can enable the preceding blank line or not, and it works as intended.

Problem is that in this case I'm using the subgroup "Disc number", without the preceding blank line. But MusicBee adds the blank line anyways, because it always adds it between discs.

How to move the artwork info above track details in the Album and Tracks view
I couldn't find a way to do that. Which is why I was surprised by the part in your screenshot that I highlighted, because it looks like you already have that (through a virtual tag hack of sorts).

It's a default view, you can enable it like this:

Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:46:17 PM by danielcarrington

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Problem is that in this case I'm using the subgroup "Disc number", without the preceding blank line. But MusicBee adds the blank line anyways, because it always adds it between discs.
Is that also the case when you are using the "compact grid" layout of the 'Album and Tracks' view?
For me, MusicBee as expected does not add a blank line between the disc# subgroupings when I have the setting disabled
(but again, this is only true for the compact grid layout and not for the detailed list).
When using the detailed list, disabling the "precede with a blank line" setting works for other fields, but not for Disc# and DiscCount.

It's a default view, you can enable it like this:
Thanks Daniel. I had no idea there was such a layout in MusicBee. It looks great.
I played around with it and still couldn't find a way to change its artwork size or enable any grouping in there.
So unless somebody else does know of a way, I personally think you'll have to add this to the wishlist section.
Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 08:03:08 PM by Mayibongwe

danielcarrington

You're right, in the compact grid it shows exactly like I want it to show in the detailed grid.

This app is great and full of possibilities, hope the developers don't hate me for increasing the wishlist  ;D

The Incredible Boom Boom

For the layout questions...

But how did you get the large artist pictures to the left of the main panel? That seems to be what controls what albums are displayed in the main panel.
I am guessing it is the 'Artists' view, with the width set to display one column, and 'show the tracks for the selected album or artist' set to: 'to the right of the main panel'.