Author Topic: Playlists reordering when I add new music  (Read 232 times)

sunyatacyte

Hey, can anyone help me with this? It seems like maybe with the last update something weird started happening, and I'm not sure if I'm responsible or not.
I have a playlist that I sort manually. But now when I add new music to it (like when I drag it in from Windows File Explorer), it automatically shuffles the list. It's not entirely random, but it will move half of some albums to the bottom and invert the order of the other half and leave them at the top, it's confusing. When it does this it also inverts the order of my other playlists from Ascending to Descending. If I go Sort > Restore Manual Order it reshuffles them again, but doesn't return them to my order, rather again to some other semi-random order that's reminiscent of my order but broken. I've created a new playlist and it's still happening. Have I accidentally changed a setting or am not understanding something about MusicBee?

Steven

• Administrator
perhaps you have switched it to show Upcoming Tracks rather than Playing Tracks?

sunyatacyte

Ok I think maybe I've got two issues at once but one of them is definitely due to a lack of understanding on my part so maybe I can just ask about that? Talking about the Playlists that you can create on the left under the Library. How to I order two playlists differently? It seems like if I order one in ascending order, the other also has to be in ascending order. I can't have one ascending and the other descending.