Author Topic: Syncing (and Reverse Syncing) Wired or Wireless Ratings from MB to Android  (Read 1775 times)

kro4k

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to reverese sync my music - like many a lost soul I have migrated through the void from iTunes and iPod to iSyncr to doubleTwist and now to Musicbee. It has been a long journey! I also have to say, the ease of moving my iTunes database to Musicbee was a joy.

I'm trying to determine what other users here are having success with to (a) get an Android 12 music player to recognize Musicbee ratings and (b) reverse sync them back to Musicbee.

I've read a ton of threads here on this issue and still had some questions I wasn't able to figure out:

1) Is it even possible to reverse sync ratings via the wired method? While I'd love to go Wifi Sync, I understand there are issues with Android 12 so at this point I'd be very happy to have a slow wired sync.

2) I know most users say to use PowerAmp or GoneMad. I have unfortunately not been able to get either to properly read MB ratings. PowerAmp won't read any (I have the unlocked version) and GMMP (trial version) will only read some ratings (but not all). PowerAmp also will not reverse sync a song (wired) once I've rated it.

I understand this isn't a PowerAmp or GMMP forum (and I have posted in those places). But I'm curious what, if anything, you've been able to do to get ratings to sync properly? I've tried changing the mp3 tags as well (eg. Id3V2.4) so far without luck. I haven't changed the other settings so ratings are being stored in the music file, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

phred

• Global Moderator
A couple of quick answers:

1- No. Two-way sync of ratings is only available via the WiFi app.

2- Two-way sync is only available via the WiFi app and either PowerAmp or GoneMad.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here