Author Topic: Do not force Last.fm duration requirements to count as a play.  (Read 863 times)

mrbenn

I just by chance got the pop up advising that if scrobbling is enabled, then the user-defined "what counts as a play" amounts are overridden. I only found that while prodding trying to work out why playcounts were not in line with the preference I had set.

My preference is that if a track plays for more than 10 seconds, then that counts as played as far as the MusicBee library is concerned.

Is there any reason why last.fm overrides the user preference? Can this be turned off without having to disable / enable scrobbling should I need to use it?

If this can't be changed, maybe the pop up should be burned into the text on the settings panel, or the option greyed out when not relevant.

Steven

• Administrator
what you say is true, MB does strictly follow the rules that last.fm stated but now i think its more a guidance so will change it so the rules you define are always used

ost

Some albums have interludes about 3-4 seconds (yeah, it's weird but we have what we have).
ScrobbleItem add-on now allows to scrobble any short tracks (in manual mode).
Official Last.fm plugin require tracks to be minimum 30 seconds length to be scrobbled.

frankz

What do I need to set to keep it operating to spec as it has always been?

Steven

• Administrator