Author Topic: Context menu  (Read 1046 times)

MusicBebe

I would like to remove from the Windows Explorer context menu the MB options to  "Queue Next in MusicBee" and "Queue Last in MusicBee." These are not options that I use, and their shortcut keys (N and L, respectively) interfere with other context menu items that I use all the time.

I don't see any option in MB for either adding or removing these. And I can't find the displayed text when looking in the registry.

I have MB set as the default for opening audio files, and don't want to undo that - just remove those two options from my already cluttered context menu.

Can this be done?

Thanks
Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 11:04:59 PM by MusicBebe

phred

• Global Moderator
Preferences > General > file types > uncheck "enable MusicBee in Windows Explorer context menus. Be sure to exit and restart MB after.

If that doesn't work, exit MB and "run as administrator" and then do the above. And restart  your PC.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MusicBebe

Thanks phred for that quick reply! :)

I should have mentioned that I have that option turned off. To change it, I need to run MB as an administrator. When I do that, and turn the option on, then exit, then run it again as admin, turn the option off, and exit, the options are still on the context menu. I've even rebooted. I've been through this sequence a few time now over the last few weeks, always with the same results.

MusicBebe

Ok what it seemed to take was not just a reboot, then running as admin and changing those settings immediately upon reboot, then immediately rebooting again. Well, at least that's what I just did.

Now, those two options, which were at the top of the context menu when audio files were right clicked, have been replaced with a couple of Windows Media Player options, which are still clutter that I never use, but at least they don't have predefined accelerator keys that hijack my ability to use those keys for other items.

Thanks again!

phred

• Global Moderator
Glad you got it almost resolved. Search the 'net for a Windows context menu utility/remover. I've used a few over the years, and they worked well. I can't remember the names of them, so you're on your own. Of course they may not work on a Windows application's context menu in Explorer.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

MusicBebe

Actually, I spoke too soon....  :'(

The MB options are STILL on the context menu, but their appearance alternates with similar options for WMP, depending on which file type I right click.

MP3s get options for WMP.
M4A and WAV files get 3 context options for MB.
But ALL of these file types, when clicked, open in MB.

I've got a couple of Context Menu editors/removers hanging around. None of them are finding this.
Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 11:54:18 PM by MusicBebe

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm out of suggestions.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

MusicBebe

I downloaded a newer copy of Nirsoft's ShellMenuView and that took care of it.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shell_menu_view.html