Author Topic: Error : Message when playing first song after MB startup, then crash  (Read 493 times)

tomboudiboudi

Hi everyone !

Today, I experienced a weird error after starting MB and trying to play a song. Here it is :

MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 27 mai 2022 13:17:

System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.<ReceiveNotification>d__21.MoveNext()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---
   à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)
   à System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   à System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   à System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

When I click "Ok", MB crash and close.
The weird thing is that the song I choose to play first continue to play if I let the error dialog box opened by not clicking on "Ok". The related album is still playing as I speak, but I cannot interact with Musicbee since the error dialog box is opened on top of it.

Any idea ?

phred

• Global Moderator
One of your plugins is causing the problem.
Does this happen 100% of the time?

Disable/uninstall the most recently added plugin. If that solves the problem post the error report on the thread for that plugin.
If the problem isn't resolved by eliminating the most recently added plugin, disable -all- the plugins. Exit and restart MB, and then add back one plugin at a time until you get the error. Then report that on the plugin's thread.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tomboudiboudi

It seems that Spotify plugin was bringing in all of this mess...
Thanks for the advice buddy, now it works perfectly fine  8)