Author Topic: Multiple playlist creator - adjacent playlists  (Read 406 times)

Vlackho

Hi MusicBee community,

I've been searching the forum as well as the musicbee wiki, but couldn't find a clear answer to my question. I was wondering if Musicbee is capable of putting multiple playlists next to one another visually? Either by a plugin or by reconfiguring the layout. I've added a screenshot to clarify what I mean exactly. (this was photoshopped)

It would be nice to just place like 5 (or more) playlists next to one another (adjacent) and start organizing your playlists like that. Drag and drop between playlists, as well as drag and drop songs from your "music explorer".

Kind regards,
Vlackho

hiccup

Welcome to the forum Vlackho

I'm pretty sure that can't be done.
To me it looks like you would need something like a 40 inch 8k computer monitor to have all that content displayed properly. (if you have that, I might be jealous ;-)
My guess is that this isn't something that would be very useful to most users.

edit:
Out of curiosity I checked if this guess of mine that this would be very difficult to achieve display-wise was correct, and it isn't.
When using e.g. a QHD or 4K display, and having MusicBee in full-screen mode and hiding most or all side-panels, something like the mock-up you created should be doable.
Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 06:24:48 AM by hiccup

Vlackho

Thanks for your feedback.

I use a QHD display as well, and noticed that placing up to 5 playlists next to one another isn't that difficult (when maximizing Musicbee).
So as of now, this isn't possible?

Would this be doable with a plugin?

Kind regards,
Michiel

phred

• Global Moderator
So as of now, this isn't possible?
Would this be doable with a plugin?
It is not possible nor does any such plugin exist
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here