Author Topic: Background tasks  (Read 776 times)

garay

I've been using MusicBee for years. Lately I've noticed a couple of issues.
When I close Musicbee I get a popup window which says "background tasks are still running - do you want to terminate them and close musicbee anyway?
The other is, when I add new files to the library I open Analyse volume tool and select file(s) to analyse. Nothing happens and I get the blue circle rotating.
When I cancel Analyse volume tool I get a popup window which says "Files are being analysed - do you want to abort the process?"
After about 15/20 minutes things return to normal and I can use the Analyse Volume tool.
I also notice that when I open Musicbee my NAS starts running (that's where library is stored), and when the NAS stops is when Analyse Volume tool works again.
When I close Musicbee after NAS has stopped, "background tasks are still running" popup has disappeared, but when I restart Musicbee the 2 issues arise again.
I can see the connection between the NAS and Musicbee is causing the problem but I can't work out why. The NAS is setup to sync any changes to Onedrive in real time but I can't see how just opening Musicbee is causing this running in the background issue. I've stopped the sync process in the NAS but doesn't make any difference.

vincent kars

Hard to troubleshoot.
Your NAS probably have a resource monitor, open it and watch what happens if you powerup Musicbee

Using exactly the same address Musicbee is using, what happen if you browse or copy a couple of files from NAS to PC using Explorer?

Success

garay

Thanks for your response Vincent.

I'm not 100% sure on what you suggested "Using exactly the same address Musicbee is using, what happen if you browse or copy a couple of files from NAS to PC using Explorer?"

I'm able to go into the folder where all the music files are stored on the NAS and browse, play (with MB) or copy files using Explorer.

The other unusual thing is that I have MusicBee installed on 2 other PCs on the same network accessing the same MB libray folder on the NAS
I don't have this problem on either one of them. When I open MB on one of the other PC's, which is in the same room as the NAS, you can also hear the NAS start working, but no "Background tasks running" message when I close MB.

Steven

• Administrator
Do you have 'on startup check for missing or updated files' ticked in the Library preferences?
if not using the store version try updating to the latest patch version
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

garay

Thanks Steven. Don't have "on startup check for missing or updated files" ticked
Updated to the latest patch version and replaced files as suggested, still no difference.
Running 3.5.8244