Author Topic: Sorting Issue  (Read 225 times)

GeekyPrimate

I recently got a new computer and set up MusicBee on it, but I'm having an issue with sorting on a normal playlist (NOT an Auto-Playlist) when using the Album Covers view. On my old computer, I had a playlist I used to just dump songs I was currently in the mood to listen to, and the songs stayed in the order that I placed them in, with the most recent songs being at the end of the list. Regardless of what view I set the Main Panel to, the songs stayed in that order. And if I changed the sorting, I could always get it back to the order I added them by clicking on the column labeled with a #.

I have set up that playlist again on the new computer, and if the Main Panel view is set to Tracks or Album and Tracks, that order is maintained. I can change the sorting to whatever, and as before, I can put it back in the order I added the songs by clicking on the # column.  But if I switch it to Album Covers, it appears to re-sort the files in alphabetical order by Artist. This does not happen on my old computer; the Album Covers view maintains the order I added the songs to the playlist.

Screenshots of both views on the new computer:

Here you can see the order I added the songs in the Tracks view:
1. Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock
2. Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
3. Deftones - Rosemary

Here you can see that they have been re-ordered in the Album Covers view:
1. Alien Ant Farm
2. Deftones
3. The Smashing Pumpkins

I have gone through every single setting to match my new computer to the old one, including the Sorting and Grouping settings, as well as the Artwork Layout settings, and I verified the sorting is set to Manual just as it is on my old computer. I can't find a reason for it change how it sorts the songs when using Album Covers view. The only thing I can think of is that on my old computer, I have version 3.4.7805, and on the new computer I am on the current version, 3.4.8033. So, I don't know if this is an issue with a newer version, a bug, or if there's some deep obscure setting I'm missing, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:42:21 PM by GeekyPrimate