Author Topic: Paste Folder Location When Making Playlist  (Read 747 times)

Hatsune Blake

Hello everyone! I just have a small issue with Musicbee.

When I make a playlist or auto-playlist, I can never paste a folder path into this text box.

Selecting a path using the in-app browser by pressing the three dots works fine, but I'd much rather prefer to just paste the path myself manually. I have a LOT of folders to go through each time I want to use the three dot menu.

Is this a bug, or intentional? If intentional, can I enable path pasting? If a bug, how would I go about fixing it?

Thank you for your time!
Just your average music enjoyer.

phred

• Global Moderator
I can't say with 100% certainty, but I think it's intentional. Steven would have to confirm that.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Hatsune Blake

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I think it's intentional. Steven would have to confirm that.

If true, that's quite unfortunate. If implemented it'd make it infinitely more easier for me to create playlists. Thanks for letting me know!
Just your average music enjoyer.

The Incredible Boom Boom

If you haven't already (I only briefly glanced), you can ask this topic be moved to the Wishlist board and make it a request for Steven, the developer, to implement.

Steven

• Administrator
although directly pasting the folder is still not supported, when you click the ... button, the folder selector dialog includes a text box to paste the full path of the folder.
Its been in v3.5 for a while but not sure if it was in the beta from the first forum topic. Its already in the patch versions though