Author Topic: Disable track-eating of played tracks in the current playlist that occurs only..  (Read 674 times)

Dalinar

..in compact mode.

https://imgur.com/a/CiGrJ8g

It is annoying to have to switch back to full mode to see the entire setlist (list of album tracks)

how can I disable this feature?

just to be clear I mean in the compact mode the current song is the top song, you can scroll up above it

Steven

• Administrator
you are probably showing Upcoming Tracks in the other view. Just switch it to Playing Tracks

Dalinar

unfortunately this works only temporarily. I am constantly switching between compact and regular mode, using the keyboard shortcut key

There is a benefit to this as I use Windows 11 (and 10 before that) and make good use of virtual desktops... using the keyboard shortcut means that I have control over musicbee, as opposed to clicking on the musicbee icon in the taskbar (when it is in regular mode)... where musicbee has control over me. the control thing is not a musicbee thing, it is a windows behaviour.. but nevertheless if I click that taskbar icon to has a quick peak at musicbee, I will get whisked to whatever desktop musicbee was last open on. I know you can set it to open on all desktops but I have my reasons that I don't like to have that enabled. The shortcut to compact mode/desktop toggle... that is magic though.. it means I can transport musicbee from whatever desktop it was on to my current desktop, thus not breaking my workflow.

But the one downside is that everytime you switch to compact mode, it resets to upcoming tracks . Is there a way to prevent this reset?

note: my desktop always stays in playing tracks mode, just compact mode changes

Steven

• Administrator

Dalinar

just to be clear:

1. I start in compact mode
2. switch to playing tracks
3. switch to regular mode
4. switch back to compact mode
5. it is now shown as "upcoming tracks"

so you are saying that for you it would still show "playing tracks"?

wait I might be on to something.

I just got it to work (i.e. show "playing tracks" when I reverted to compact mode)

but I did something different.

Usually I switch from the dropdown above title.

This time I found a new way to switch to playing tracks. There is another dropdown next to the name MusicBee at the top. When I switch that way, it will remember "playing tracks" and won't revert to upcoming

actually I noticed that the problem is not about not remembering "playing tracks". It is about not remembering whatever you select with this lower dropdown (above title), it will be forgotten after a switch back to full size mode and back to compact.

Using the MusicBee menu dropdown, the state will be remembered.

I might be using a slightly older version as it says 2021. - 3.4.8033

Steven

• Administrator