Author Topic: Desire PC Pathname to be replicated on Mobile Phone  (Read 544 times)

Matrix

Hi

I am new to MB and from initial impressions I like it  but I am having one issue which is quite frustrating.

On my PC my music is stored as follows

D:\Music\ABBA\Voyage\trackname.mp3           (i.e Root Directory\Folder with Artist Name\Folder with Album name) and I wish to retain this on my Samsung Galaxy S10 mobile phone which is on Android 10).

When I sync to my phone MB creates an additional and unnecessary duplicate MUSIC folder as follows

SM-G973F\128GB SD\Music\Music\ABBA\Voyage\trackname.mp3 when what I actually want is

SM-G973F\128GB SD\Music\ABBA\Voyage\trackname.mp3

On the MB settings page at "storage path" the default is  "SM-G973F\128GB SD\Music" and at "music files" the default is "Music\*"

I have tried different combinations of deleting the word MUSIC from one of the two options but it either refuses to sync or simply creates the unnecessary extra Music folder regardless.

Can someone advise if and how to retain my desired storage path of "SM-G973F\128GB SD\Music\ABBA\Voyage\trackname.mp3"?

Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Welcome to the forum, Matrix.

Try the following:
- Under storage path, select "use naming template".
- On the textbox to the right of "music files", type in Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Filename>

I have tried different combinations of deleting the word MUSIC from one of the two options but it either refuses to sync or simply creates the unnecessary extra Music folder regardless.
I believe the extra 'Music' folder is a result of "D:\Music\ABBA\Voyage\trackname.mp3" since you currently have "preserve folders and filenames" selected.
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

Zak

• Global Moderator
If your tracks don't all follow the same naming convention, you can also use a formula to just use the original file path with the drive letter removed:

Code
$Replace(<URL>,"D:\","")
Bee excellent to each other...