Author Topic: uploading an album cover doesn't work properly  (Read 1156 times)

Moloch981

Hi,

I noticed that when I edit a track and upload an album cover for it (I usually search on the web for the image, the image is not uploaded from my PC), sometimes it assigns that cover to other tracks too (by different artists and from different albums), I have to manually fix those.
The other tracks affected seem to be random, so it's difficult to spot where the album cover is wrong.

Possibly it's the same problem this user reports here? https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35159.msg192190#msg192190

If so, maybe I should de-select the option here? https://i.postimg.cc/4yhXyKsb/9bl.jpg (my UI is in Italian)
(the box was ticked by default, I don't remember clicking it)

Thank you

Steven

• Administrator
The tag editor only updates the files being edited. Usually when artwork is incorrectly showing for files is due to files from different albums/artists being located in the same folder and hence referencing the same picture file

Moloch981

Thanks for the reply.

But how can I prevent this from happening then? 90% of my audio files are in the same folder ("Songs"), I don't want to create a folder for each album.

Steven

• Administrator
then in the Tags(1)/ artwork preferences, instead of Cover.jpg use something like: <Album>.jpg or <Album Artist> - <Album>.jpg

Moloch981

Ok, so I have temporarily switched to English so I can understand better.

I right-click and then Edit a single track. In the box for the artwork, I right-click and choose "Search Internet": the new window opening is Tags(1)/ artwork preferences ? I see that by default "link the picture to this music track" is ticked, and so is "link to an organised copy of the picture" (see my screenshot in the first post, even though it's in Italian, it's the same window). The field contains "Cover.jpg" but it's light grey and uneditable, where should I put <Album>.jpg or <Album Artist> - <Album>.jpg as you suggested?

Also, unrelated to this issue but I'm taking the opportunity to report it anyway: there's a typo on the Italian menu when you right-click the box for the artwork. "Scegli immagine", the translation of "Choose Picture", appears like this "Scegli mmagine" (the second word is missing the "i" at the beginning).
Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 01:24:39 PM by Moloch981

Moloch981

Ok, I found the setting you were talking about.

Then I have another question: the image should always be in the same folder as the audio file? I'd like to create a "Covers" folder (maybe a subfolder of Songs) where to save all the covers, so they don't get mixed with the actual mp3 files.
Is that possible?
In other words, can I specify both the file name structure (as you explained me to do) AND the destination?

phred

• Global Moderator
Also, unrelated to this issue but I'm taking the opportunity to report it anyway: there's a typo on the Italian menu when you right-click the box for the artwork. "Scegli immagine", the translation of "Choose Picture", appears like this "Scegli mmagine" (the second word is missing the "i" at the beginning).
You should post this in the thread for the language (Italian) so the person who did the translation can see it and make the correction.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Moloch981

You should post this in the thread for the language (Italian) so the person who did the translation can see it and make the correction.

Will do, thanks

Moloch981

Alternatively, if I move the image files afterwards, will the link to the respective audio files be lost (image not found or something)?

The Incredible Boom Boom

Alternatively, if I move the image files afterwards, will the link to the respective audio files be lost (image not found or something)?

Yes.