Author Topic: Which version of MB on Win7  (Read 899 times)

Bsnmate2

Hello, I am new to Musicbee. I have a Win10 laptop and a strong Win7 desktop. I keep nothing critical on my desktop, minimize time on internet and keep my AV up to date. I know that Win7 gets more vulnerable every day but I love it so much that I’m going to use it until the machine breaks. But Windows Media Player has gotten unstable and I don’t use it anymore. That being said, I really like the way MB works on my laptop and would like to install on my desktop. So I am asking: Is MB still viable fort Win7 and which version would you recommend for a Win7 machine?
Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
v3.4 from the downloads page should be fine

Música

Welcome to MusicBee and the forum. I've run MusicBee on my Win7 Intel NUC for years now -since Zune lost most of its functionality, though I still have that, WMP, and WMC installed. I've been running V3.4.7805 since its release, and I think it's my third version. I learned MB under Win 7 and before long also installed it on a Surface Pro 2 running/updated to Win 10. I'm still learning MB on both systems. The Surface is mostly a dedicated MusicBee player that connects automatically to my stereo through Bluetooth. All music collection management except for playlists is done on the NUC. Again, welcome and enjoy MusicBee on Win7.

crnirg

If it means anything I use v3.5.8146 on my Win 7 without any problems for now.
You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.