Author Topic: Automatic monitoring upon permanent deletion of folder/files  (Read 527 times)

zpoison

Files that I remove from my computer are not removed from MB (been adressed in this forum before but I don't understand)
I have 90TB of music so obviously I cannot monitor MB for every change I make in explorer

The folders that I move to another location are monitored and showned in the new location and not in the previous anymore, so why the deleted files are still showing?

One solution was, to use delete but mark it to delete it "also in explorer" or "permanently" but I cannot find the option
Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 01:00:10 AM by zpoison

sveakul

You should delete/move music files within the MusicBee interface, not with Windows File Explorer, so MB knows what happened and can modify the library accordingly.  You can move them using the "Computer" interface in the left sidebar (select it in Prefs/Layout(1)).  If you are deleting files from your library and computer, right-click them in the Music tab and choose "Delete--From Library and Computer."

You can get rid of the deleted "ghost" file entries that still show in MB by using the menu option Tools->Advanced->Compress Library.

zpoison

Alright thank you but I don't see the "Delete--From Library and Computer" option, I see only the "Delete" option and it doesn't delete the file in explorer

sveakul

Alright thank you but I don't see the "Delete--From Library and Computer" option, I see only the "Delete" option and it doesn't delete the file in explorer
When you right-click the file in your Music library, you will first only see the option to "Delete;" after you choose that option, you will see the following window:

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Shift+Delete will remove a file from library and computer all at once.

I believe there's a setting in General Preferences that will re-enable the prompt for regular delete, if you turned it off previously.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)