Author Topic: Smartphone sync setting "resize artwork" checkbox not persistent  (Read 1989 times)

frostbyte

Hi,
within the smartphone sync settings menu the checkbox to change the artwork size to 200px is selected always.
Deselecting the checkbox or changing the cover size will be reset to "(x) 200px" when I close the device page and open it again. I tested a couple of other settings - all of them are persistent.
Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 10:25:29 AM by frostbyte

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not seeing this behavior.
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frostbyte

v3.4.8033 Installer version
I've just tested again. Now it behaves in the opposite. The checkbox will always get unchecked (after closing the entire device tab below the top menu bar and reopening the device and it's properties menu again).
So it's still buggy for me, but I want this setting to be unchecked, either.

phred

• Global Moderator
Still not seeing the behavior you describe. I'm using 3.5.x but I haven't seen this behavior on any prior version.
Tested with and without the setting enabled. With three different device configurations.  MB always reopens to how I set it.

This is a long shot, but try whitelisting MB in your AV application.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frostbyte

I use Windows' built-in AV. Neither touched that nor seen any whitelists there. Also the Firewall is open for Musicbee.
However, I just realized I am on Win 11 now and Musicbee doesn't seem to support it, officially. I mean that would be totally weired because everything else seems to work like on Win 10. It's so weired every other checkbox on the same settings page keeps it's state. Only "resize artwork to:" doesn't

phred

• Global Moderator
I use Windows' built-in AV. Neither touched that nor seen any whitelists there. Also the Firewall is open for Musicbee.
Firewall and AV software are different. Whitelist the entire MB directory in your AV software.

However, I just realized I am on Win 11 now and Musicbee doesn't seem to support it, officially.
MB works on Win 11. I suggest you download and test the Portable version. Put it in a non-Windows controlled directory and NOT in the same directory as your currently installed version. If it resolves your issue, bring everything over to Portable and uninstall the Installer version.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

crude/technical

Ran into the same issue as OP, eventually found a workaround, so I'll document it here in case someone ends up here later via Google.

Issue description: In device sync settings, all other settings & options are updated and saved correctly, except for the checkbox and number for "resize artwork to:" under "Embed artwork inthe music file" — whenever I restarted MusicBee or even switched from the device settings view to another MB view and back, "resize artwork to:" would reset to ticked and the number value would reset to 200. Other settings, such as selecting a different artwork storage method, are applied and saved correctly.

Version info: Win 10, MusicBee 3.5.8366 Installer, also tried the portable version, as well as a fresh installation in a non-Windows folder and running each of the aforementioned as Administrator, same result with all of them.

Workaround: Looked up the settings files (MusicBeeSettings.ini and MusicBee3Settings.ini under %AppData%\Roaming\MusicBee, unsure which one did the trick) and edited the Width and Height values under <Artwork Size> nodes from 200 to a higher value. There will be multiple <Artwork Size> nodes in the settings files if you have multiple devices saved, so you'll need to either figure out which one is the affected device, or just edit all of them (I did the latter).

If there is any other info I can provide for bugfixing purposes, I'm happy to do so, since this seems to be quite a rare issue.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and setting Artwork Size to zero disables the artwork resizing, if you'd like the artwork to just stay at the size it is in your library.
Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 11:43:42 AM by crude/technical

Steven

• Administrator
Issue description: In device sync settings, all other settings & options are updated and saved correctly, except for the checkbox and number for "resize artwork to:" under "Embed artwork inthe music file" — whenever I restarted MusicBee or even switched from the device settings view to another MB view and back, "resize artwork to:" would reset to ticked and the number value would reset to 200. Other settings, such as selecting a different artwork storage method, are applied and saved correctly.
i can't reproduce this and looking at the code the only thing i can that might cause something similar is if the size value cannot be parsed as a whole number, in which case the checkbox remains ticked and the size resets to 200.
If i untick the checkbox, it remains unticked on restart