Author Topic: Where are the biographies I edit stored?  (Read 473 times)

DB86

I am from Argentine and I listen a lot of music from my country and Latin America, so many bands and artist show "no information". So I edit the biography and add them. I'd like to be able to back all the bio I add but I couldn't find in which directory are they stored. Thank you so much.,

Zak

• Global Moderator
It looks like they are stored in a separate file for each artist with a "bio.dat" extension.
These are saved in the AppData\InternalCache\ArtistData folder where your MusicBee settings are saved.

For a portable installation that will be in the AppData folder in your MusicBee installation folder (and it's probably easier to back up the entire MusicBee installation folder anyway).
For a normal Windows installation it will be somewhere like C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee.

AppData is a hidden folder, so you might have to type it into the Address bar in Windows File Explorer to get to it.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
if you open the artist biography panel (by default is stacked under the Track Info panel) it can be edited there, right click/ Edit Biography
that itsnt supported when the biography is displayed in the Playing tracks panel

DB86

Thank y
It looks like they are stored in a separate file for each artist with a "bio.dat" extension.
These are saved in the AppData\InternalCache\ArtistData folder where your MusicBee settings are saved.

For a portable installation that will be in the AppData folder in your MusicBee installation folder (and it's probably easier to back up the entire MusicBee installation folder anyway).
For a normal Windows installation it will be somewhere like C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee.

AppData is a hidden folder, so you might have to type it into the Address bar in Windows File Explorer to get to it.

THANK YOU ZAK, YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT i MEANT. YOUR ANSWER WAS SPOT ON!