Author Topic: Disable autotaging when adding new songs  (Read 622 times)

jonyloco

I just installed Music Bee, and wanted to try it out.
I don't tag all my files with the artist and title tag, so when I added my files to the library, Music Bee automatically asigned the artist tag and title tag using the file name, apparently all the text before the first dash ("-") is assigned to the artist, and all the text after is asigned to the title.
The problem is that I use another convention for naming my files, so I was wandering if there was a way to turn this off, or change the template/patter that uses for parsing the filename into tags.
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT MANUAL AUTOTAGGING, THIS OCCURS WHENEVER I ADD ANY FILE  TO THE LIBRARY.
Some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/OPy4Fi6

Steven

• Administrator
There is no auto-tagging in MusicBee by default.
If an imported file has no artist and title then the displayed artist and title is derived from the filename. No tag values are updated in the file - its display only

jonyloco

I know that the actual metadata of the files isn't changed, but when I want to filter by artists or album artists, it's full of all this mistagged artists I don't want. Is there a way to change this?

hiccup

I don't tag all my files with the artist and title tag…
Why not?
It is the most basic and elementary thing to do when you choose to use a music manager such as MusicBee.

Zak

• Global Moderator
I don't tag all my files with the artist and title tag...
The problem is that I use another convention for naming my files...
If you have a file naming convention that you use consistently, it's easy enough to set the real tag values based on your file names.
Tools > Tagging Tools > Auto-Tag by Track > Infer and Update Tags From Filename....

Then you won't have to rely on MusicBee's guesses.
Bee excellent to each other...

jonyloco

I don't tag all my files with the artist and title tag...
The problem is that I use another convention for naming my files...
If you have a file naming convention that you use consistently, it's easy enough to set the real tag values based on your file names.
Tools > Tagging Tools > Auto-Tag by Track > Infer and Update Tags From Filename....

Then you won't have to rely on MusicBee's guesses.
But every time I add a new song, I would need to autotag again. I would rather have the default guess template to be customized, so I can choose from the start how does MusicBee guess, or just disable that functionality.