Author Topic: Auto DJ  (Read 1254 times)

Cliff Hendroval

I'm not seeing how to start Auto DJ. I'd like to set it up so random play only played unplayed tracks (i.e. play only tracks with a Play Count of 0), but I can't find a way to get to the Auto DJ control panel. (Sorry, I'm a noob.)

phred

• Global Moderator
If you don't see Auto-DJ at the top of the Playlists in the left sidebar then you need to configure it to appear.
Preferences >  Layout (1) > left sidebar > navigator > playlists > auto-dj.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Cliff Hendroval

I checked and the box is checked off, but the only thing I see in my left sidebar are album artists. If I go into playlists, I see Recently Added and Top 25 Played Songs.

Zak

• Global Moderator
It sounds like you're talking about a different panel.
The Navigation Panel is usually on the left and shows the different parts of your Library, including Playlists and Auto-DJ if you have enabled it as described.

If you don't see that, select View > Arrange Panels... and add it to one of the available areas and configure it from there.

e.g.
Bee excellent to each other...

Cliff Hendroval

Thanks, Zak, I was able to make  that other menu on the left hand side show up for a moment, for a moment so I could access the Auto DJ  panel. Damned if I can do it again, though.

phred

• Global Moderator
The navigator panel is not only on by default (and can't be disabled,) it will always appear in the left sidebar. Note that the check (tick) mark for it in the panel arrangement config is grayed-out.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
The navigator panel is not only on by default (and can't be disabled,) it will always appear in the left sidebar. Note that the check (tick) mark for it in the panel arrangement config is grayed-out.
Dang, you're right.

I've reused that same screenshot a couple of times without realising the Navigator can't be removed.  :-X

Thanks, Zak, I was able to make  that other menu on the left hand side show up for a moment, for a moment so I could access the Auto DJ  panel. Damned if I can do it again, though.
The entire left panel can be hidden though and your description of it showing up "for a moment" sounds like it is set to auto-hide when you move your mouse away from the left side of the program window.

In the same View > Arrange Panels... settings, you can change it to always show:

You can also click the little pin icon in the top-right corner of the left-hand panel when it is displayed to keep it there.
Bee excellent to each other...