Author Topic: Using spaces in Ignore Words  (Read 264 times)

Beezmann

Hey guys, really glad to finally be on the forums. I have a long list of suggestions and [very] minor grievances for my favorite audio managing program, so here we go.

On the lastest 3.4 version, Preferences->Sorting/Grouping->Ignore Words doesn't seem to accept spaces (e.g., "Song (remastered)" won'tt sort as "Song" even with " (remastered)" in the ignore list). Is there a way to fix this behavior? I tried quotes and common space symbol codes like %20 or   without any success. Am I still missing something? If not, can this be patched in? It's kind of a big one for me, since I mostly use the feature to ignore specific title endings, not beginnings.

As a related idea, perhaps the Ignore Words feature could add quote support for the ignored text, so even commas themselves could be ignored? So, for example, phrases like " (live, MTV Unplugged)" or " (bonus track)" both could be ignored? An alternative to quotes would be switching to a less common separator symbol, say "|" instead of "," .  Not that this affects me as much. My biggest issue is that space problem described above.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Hi. Welcome.

Preferences->Sorting/Grouping->Ignore Words doesn't seem to accept spaces (e.g., "Song (remastered)"
I think the problem you have isn't that the Ignore words setting doesn't work for certain characters or words, but that MusicBee will only ignore them at the beginning of a value, not the end. That would need to be a separate request in the Wishlist forum.
The workaround now is to specify Sort Artist, Sort Title and Sort Album values as required for those tracks.

As a related idea, perhaps the Ignore Words feature could add quote support for the ignored text, so even commas themselves could be ignored? So, for example, phrases like " (live, MTV Unplugged)" or " (bonus track)" both could be ignored? An alternative to quotes would be switching to a less common separator symbol, say "|" instead of "," .
A more general way to support this - and any future requests - would be for the Ignore words setting to accept regular expressions.
Bee excellent to each other...