Author Topic: radio player with huge online database "radio browser" always updated ,please  (Read 639 times)

gaiastar

Hi

I'm a huge musicbee fan
What about to add in some beta or next release , a radio player using the uge online radio internet database ?
radio browser database

and maybe with the option to skip lyrics online downlaoder

Edit -> do you think a plugin could do it?
thanks
Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:10:02 AM by gaiastar
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

Steven

• Administrator

gaiastar

its already one of the tabs in the radio panel since v3.5+

hi Steven
but it doesn't use the uge online radio internet database "radio-browser.info" , does it?
but is there an option to avoid to download lyrics from streaming  ? I have reading and browsing the preferences but i can't find it
maybe could be added the another database ,it's really huge
thanks
Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:09:03 AM by gaiastar

sveakul

Yeah it uses the standard Radio Browser resource just like the one added to Foobar v2 versions.

Why on earth would you NOT want the option of lyrics from streaming??  I assume you mean viewing them when they are sent as radio stream metadata, which can be turned off if desired in Prefs/Tags(2)/auto-tagging/lyrics/auto-retrieve.  It's true they get downloaded and cached, but that can be dealt with in a jiffy using the batch delete file posted here:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=37509.msg206008#msg206008

Run that regularly (after changing the "set dir" path to match yours) and you'll be clean and mean!

gaiastar

Yeah it uses the standard Radio Browser resource just like the one added to Foobar v2 versions.

Why on earth would you NOT want the option of lyrics from streaming??  I assume you mean viewing them when they are sent as radio stream metadata, which can be turned off if desired in Prefs/Tags(2)/auto-tagging/lyrics/auto-retrieve.  It's true they get downloaded and cached, but that can be dealt with in a jiffy using the batch delete file posted here:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=37509.msg206008#msg206008

Run that regularly (after changing the "set dir" path to match yours) and you'll be clean and mean!
Hi
Why on earth would you NOT want the option of lyrics from streaming??
about the lyrics , I like to have only for my phisical audio in my hard disks and not for streaming songs
I can't find the option to find the database radio browser database
I will dig it and try to find it
It's true they get downloaded and cached, but that can be dealt with in a jiffy using the batch delete file posted here:
maybe an option to disable lyrics for streaming playing
thanks sveakul

sveakul

The Radio Browser database is stored online (https://www.radio-browser.info/), not within MusicBee (or Foobar)!  The searcher that uses it in MusicBee is the 4th tab in MB's "Show Station Directories" window choice from the Radio header menu.

You never did answer my question as to WHY you want to disable radio station lyrics but that's up to you.

gaiastar

The Radio Browser database is stored online (https://www.radio-browser.info/), not within MusicBee (or Foobar)!  The searcher that uses it in MusicBee is the 4th tab in MB's "Show Station Directories" window choice from the Radio header menu.

You never did answer my question as to WHY you want to disable radio station lyrics but that's up to you.

hi sveakul
maybe I could ask if there could be possibile search the radio station name or the nation, what do you think?
could be even better searching for a nation or name , there are radio like radio paradise ,I guess it's "eclettic  music"
but is there an option to avoid to download lyrics for streaming?
thank Pal!
Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 04:31:23 PM by gaiastar

phred

• Global Moderator
FYI...

The Radio Browser is currently showing an error when attempting to select a genre. "Bad Gateway" coming from the Radio Browser side - not MB's error.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here