Author Topic: Some songs not showing up even after scanning library for multiple times  (Read 2010 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Select the track(s) > right click > send to > music library
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

enbymutant

• Hewwoo!! Just a street photographer who uses MB
Select the track(s) > right click > send to > music library
I'm afraid the send to music library button is greyed out, is there anything else I could do?

phred

• Global Moderator
If the music library option is grayed out, then the track is already in your music library.
Select the song and open the Tag Editor > Properties and look at the bottom for the path where the file is.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

enbymutant

If the music library option is grayed out, then the track is already in your music library.
Select the song and open the Tag Editor > Properties and look at the bottom for the path where the file is.
I went around and checked where the missing tracks are located, It's in the same folder as the other tracks. That doesn't seem to help seeing it still isn't displayed in the music library. (Since it doesn't show up in the music library in tracks view and can only be found in global search while being in the same path as the other songs, I think it's in and not in the music library at the same time? So maybe it's a bug?).

enbymutant

Update: I created a new library, scanned the same folders and the missing tracks are showing. I guess it's technically fixed? Anyways thanks for everyone's help~ <3

hiccup

Just in case something like this happens to you again, it will probably get solved by using:

Tools > Advanced > Rescan All Files
    and optionally
Tools > Advanced > Compress Library
    restart MusicBee
Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 05:33:28 PM by hiccup

PiterD

I went around and checked where the missing tracks are located, It's in the same folder as the other tracks. That doesn't seem to help seeing it still isn't displayed in the music library. (Since it doesn't show up in the music library in tracks view and can only be found in global search while being in the same path as the other songs, I think it's in and not in the music library at the same time? So maybe it's a bug?). This became a serious problem for me, because in this library I kept all the necessary sound recordings for my student project. And when I was preparing a presentation essay about the revolutionary war see post I lost some of the files that I needed. I was hoping to find hints on this forum as it is very important to me.

No, this is not a bug, this is the normal operation of the library.
Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 09:12:51 PM by PiterD

hiccup

No, this is not a bug, this is the normal operation of the library.
Are you a bot or just confused?
You are (it is) responding to an old topic for which the issue has been resolved.

PiterD