Author Topic: Some songs not showing up even after scanning library for multiple times  (Read 2013 times)

enbymutant

• Hewwoo!! Just a street photographer who uses MB
Musicbee has worked perfectly fine for me since I first installed it, but one day some songs in the library aren't showing up on MB although they're showing up in the file explorer.

Here's the file explorer window showing the album

and here's what I see in musicbee

Here's the errorlog file (yes ik I linked it through discord cdn, I'm too lazy to use google drive for this lol)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/649255272556265494/972910092540325948/ErrorLog.dat

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with me moving around the files and then rescanning to add the songs back to the library? But that was a few days ago, and MB could still find and play the songs after I did so. I also updated to the latest version just after this happened (from 3.4 to 3.5)

If anyone knows what is causing this problem and how to fix it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!~
Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 06:43:18 PM by enbymutant

hiccup

Welcome to the forum enbymutant
Just so you know, the text colour formatting you applied to your post makes things very difficult to read for people using dark themes.

If you need to highlight parts of your post, it's best to use one of the colours that are suggested for formatting when creating your post.
Those colours have been tested to display well for both light and dark themes.

Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 06:37:36 PM by hiccup

enbymutant

Welcome to the forum enbymutant
Just so you know, the text colour formatting you applied to your post makes things very difficult to read for people using dark themes.

If you need to highlight parts of your post, it's best to use one of the colours that are suggested for formatting when creating your post.
Those colours have been tested to display well for both light and dark themes.

Whoops I'm sorry for that, it should be fixed now.~

hiccup

Musicbee has worked perfectly fine for me since I first installed it, but one day some songs in the library aren't showing up on MB although they're showing up in the file explorer.
Your screenshot shows MusicBee using the 'Album and Tracks' layout.
Do the tracks show when using the 'Tracks' layout?

enbymutant

Your screenshot shows MusicBee using the 'Album and Tracks' layout.
Do the tracks show when using the 'Tracks' layout?
May I ask how would I do so?

MusicBebe

If you right click a playlist, and choose Playlist Settings, you can choose the view to be use for that list. On my setup, the default is identical to Tracks Details, which looks more explorer-like.

enbymutant

If you right click a playlist, and choose Playlist Settings, you can choose the view to be use for that list. On my setup, the default is identical to Tracks Details, which looks more explorer-like.
I don't really have a playlist, I just play albums right from the music tab

Zak

• Global Moderator
You can change the view using the little heading in the top-left corner of the track display:

If you can't see that heading, try right-clicking the empty space under the tabs row (i.e the red area in this screenshot):

You can select Show Header Menu if you want to the current view title always displayed.

The Tracks view helps to work out if tracks are actually missing or are just being grouped in a way that means you don't see them where you expect to.
Bee excellent to each other...

enbymutant

You can change the view using the little heading in the top-left corner of the track display:

If you can't see that heading, try right-clicking the empty space under the tabs row (i.e the red area in this screenshot):

You can select Show Header Menu if you want to the current view title always displayed.

The Tracks view helps to work out if tracks are actually missing or are just being grouped in a way that means you don't see them where you expect to.

Thanks a lot! The tracks are actually missing as they aren't appearing in the tracks view as well.

Steven

• Administrator
why not just drag the missing files from windows explorer into the music tab

enbymutant

why not just drag the missing files from windows explorer into the music tab

I already tried it, that didn't work as well.

Steven

• Administrator
if you cant drop the files into the library then the tracks are already in your library. Easiest way to find them is to use the Tracks view, then display and sort by the URL field to locate the file. There is probably something wrong with the tag values

enbymutant

if you cant drop the files into the library then the tracks are already in your library. Easiest way to find them is to use the Tracks view, then display and sort by the URL field to locate the file. There is probably something wrong with the tag values

I'm they're nowhere to be found, even with your method.

hiccup

What happens if you use the top-right search box, set it to 'search entire library', and enter the title of a song that is missing?
Perhaps it shows up in the Inbox?
Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 11:44:29 AM by hiccup

enbymutant

What happens if you use the top-right search box, set it to 'search entire library', and enter the title of a song that is missing?
Perhaps it shows up in the Inbox?

Huh strange,  it does show up in the search box. So does this mean it ended up in the inbox? If so how do I move it back to the library?