Author Topic: option to disable reflection / mirror effect on albumart in the extended panel  (Read 1125 times)

hiccup

Same as asked in the links below, I would like to be able to disable the reflection / mirror effect on albumart in the expanded panel.

Preferably an enable/disable selector, but personally I would also be happy if it was by default enabled when 'auto-pick panel colours' is selected, and disabled when 'auto-pick panel colours' is off.

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30599.msg169626#msg169626
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35389.0

hiccup

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.5 update, the reflection is disabled when auto-colour is disabled
Lets see if anyone complains - i want to avoid adding another setting

hiccup

for the next v3.5 update, the reflection is disabled when auto-colour is disabled
Thanks for this.
Clean and 'as is' is better. (in my book)

Mr. Trev

Did somebody say complain? I love to complain - it's a Canadian thing, I think

Personally, I like the auto-colour. I do find it helps the readability by adding some contrast to an otherwise uni-colour background. I could live without reflections though, but I wouldn't be overly put off if the choice was one (reflections + auto-colour) or the other (no reflections, no auto-colour)
Just my 5ยข

phred

• Global Moderator
Did somebody say complain? I love to complain - it's a Canadian thing, I think
You did. And I thought Canadians weren't complainers because they're always so nice and polite.

+1
I could live without the reflection effect too

Personally, I like the auto-colour.
I like the auto-color also. Ideally I'd like to see the auto-color without the reflections. I found that having both enabled caused the reflection to barely be visible.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here