Author Topic: [ADDED 3.5Beta] Artist artwork manager  (Read 3814 times)

Mr. Trev

I hate to be that guy, but… is there a way to change the default search from Google to DuckDuckGo (Bing)? Surprisingly, I find Bing gives much better results.
+1
I'll be another one of those guys. For the same reason. Bing and/or DDG are much better than Google.

Not that I'm going to lose any sleep if it doesn't get changed. I was actually wondering if there was already a way in MB to do this (perhaps a future request - let user pick which search engine to use)

Steven

• Administrator
Seems like it happens if I have the Artist thumb manager open and then open the Album artwork manager without closing the Artist thumb manager first, or the other way round
thats fixed now

Mr. Trev

At the risk of being a total PITA and being forever banned from this forum, I wanted to make some requests for some refinement

First and hopefully simple: could you possibly adjust the threshold for "non square artwork"? I have a bunch of artwork that's being filtered that's barely unsquare. A 640x639 type thing. Close enough to square for me

Second, and I'm not sure if it's even possible from Musicbee (this could apply to the album artwork manager too), the ability to right click an image and send it to the default image editor would be awesome (to change canvas size, crop image, for example)

Thanks for your work.

phred

• Global Moderator
Second, and I'm not sure if it's even possible from Musicbee (this could apply to the album artwork manager too), the ability to right click an image and send it to the default image editor would be awesome (to change canvas size, crop image, for example)
Not only is it (album artwork) possible, it already exists. Double-click on the album art in the tag editor, or if you have it displayed in a panel, and it brings up the artwork in whatever application you set in Preferences > Tools > external application. See the bottom of that window to set the windows default, or a specific app.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mr. Trev

Awesome, but I'm goning to need a bit more help here.
I can double click the gfx to bring it up in a window, but nothing about setting a default.

In the settings->tools, I did set a entry for irfanview, but I'm not seeing anything even remotely close to artwork in the parameters

<nevermind, found it. looking in the wrong place>
Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 05:47:46 AM by Mr. Trev

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
The naming template for the popup window that appears when you double-click on an artist image is currently set to <Artist> - <Title>.
Since the title tag always seems to return "unknown title", why not remove it and use just the artist tag?
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Steven

• Administrator
The naming template for the popup window that appears when you double-click on an artist image is currently set to <Artist> - <Title>.
Thats fixed for the next update
Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 10:37:29 AM by Steven

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thats fixed for the next update
Thanks for this too.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore