Author Topic: Problem switching to Theatre Mode on playback  (Read 1445 times)

Paulie Paul

I want to permanently set the MusicBee player to switch to Theatre Mode on playback, but it only works occasionally.  Most of the time when I begin to play something it won’t switch to Theatre Mode. 

It will switch the first time I begin to play an album after opening the application.  If I then stop playing that album and choose a different one, or the same one again, it won’t switch to Theatre Mode on playback. 

If I close and re-open MusicBee and select something to play, again it will switch to Theatre Mode successfully.  But if then select a different album and play it,  it doesn’t then switch to Theatre Mode. 

So if I want to change the music I’m playing and want to have the player switch to Theatre Mode on playback, I have to close MusicBee, re-open it and then play the album I want to play.

This is the case no matter which of the included Theatre Mode views I select.  It also occurs if I use a downloaded Theatre Mode style.

The problem only seems to apply to Theatre Mode.  If I set the application to switch to the Compact Player or Mini Player on playback, it works fine.

I am using MusicBee Portable and have version 3.4.8033 P

Any idea what could be causing this problem?  Or is this how it’s meant to behave?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Welcome to the forum Paulie.
Somebody had raised this a couple of weeks ago, but I unfortunately had that thread drift off-topic before anything solid could come off of it. (my apologies to the forum for that)

Anyway at the time, I realized that this only persisted when the TM startup mode was set to 'Fullscreen'.
So could you confirm if this feature works as expected when the startup mode is set to 'Normal'?
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Paulie Paul

Hi. 

Thanks for the suggestion (and welcome).

Where do I look in MusicBee to check the setting for the Theatre Mode startup mode?  Don't think I've come across that one.  I only started using it a few days ago.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
view > Theater Mode >Theater Mode Panel Dock

Paulie Paul

Just found it after having another look.

Unfortunately it is set to Normal so that may not be the cause.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Strangely enough, this works as expected on my side when I'm using the Normal mode.
And as you might have read on that thread I linked, Steven (MusicBee's developer) couldn't reproduce any issues on his side while investigating
(so unless that changes, this will likely remain unsolved).

It would be nice if other users could confirm whether or not this feature is working well on their side.

Paulie Paul

Okay.  Thank for trying to help, anyway.  I guess I'll just keep playing around with it and see if I get lucky and accidentally find the answer.

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Having tested this some more, it looks like this has less to do with the startup mode and more to do with how I exit the Theater Mode.
In normal mode, I'm exiting using the 'close' button in the menu bar and that poses no problems to the function discussed here.
In fullscreen, I'm exiting using 'Esc' or the 'close' button included in some TM's (onClick="CloseWindow")...both of these methods prevent the TM from automatically popping up again.

Is there a chance MusicBee might be interpreting these commands differently? (Close, Esc and CloseWindow)
Sent a PM with my settings file.

Paulie Paul

Mayibongwe

When in TM on first use I've just tried using the Close instruction in the menu  bar and that works.  Every time.  I can now close TM to get back to the main player and then return to TM after choosing a different album to play.  Previously I was going into View in the menu bar and selecting Main Player to return to that screen.

Also, thanks for the PM with info on how to send my settings to Steven.  Was puzzling over how to do that.

Paulie Paul

Steven

I've just uploaded a text file to Media Fire as Mayibongwe suggested above.  Here's the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o98z6ixk8rz7l9a/MusicBee3Settings+-+Paulie+Paul+-+as+at+29.04.22.txt/file

I hope that's what you need.  I've just downloaded it from Media Fire so it should work for you.   If not, let me know.

You'll see from my post above to Mayibongwe that using Close in the menu bar when in TM seems to sort the problem.

Thanks.  And I really like your player.

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks for the very helpful info. The issue is fixed for the next v3.5 update

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Previously I was going into View in the menu bar and selecting Main Player to return to that screen.
In the latest version, this indeed now works as well.

Idk if it's just me but the below methods are still preventing the TM from showing up again.
- exiting using the 'Esc' keyboard character, while in fullscreen mode.
- using the 'X' (onClick="CloseWindow") included in some TM's. Have a look at the top-right corner of 'Rdio Style' for an example.

Steven

• Administrator