Author Topic: Highlight / Filter tracks that have synced lyrics  (Read 582 times)

please55

Is it possible to highlight or filter for tracks with synced lyrics.  The rule setting has two options, 'Lyrics' and 'Lyrics?' and I haven't figured out the distinction between the two.

Right now, I've tried using the following formula 'Lyrics is not null' but it isn't giving the expected results.

For example Track A has the following lyrics:

Artist: Nick Drake
Title: Know

You know that I love you
You know I don't care
You know that I see you
You know I'm not there
ID: qwnhcosz

TRACK B :

Fame is but a fruit tree
So very unsound
It can never flourish
Till its stalk is in the ground
So men of fame
Can never find a way
Till time has flown
Far from their dying day

Neither are synchronized. TRACK A doesn't get highlighted, Track B does with the above rule.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Lyrics will give you the actual text in the Lyrics tag if it exists.

Lyrics? returns a value to indicate what type of lyrics exist.
I can get values of Y [synched], Y [unsynched], or Y [synched/unsynched] which seems to be dependent on whether there are timestamps in the lyrics.
It also appears that Y [synched/unsynched] means "There are lyrics, but I don't know which type", rather than indicating the file has both.

Have a look at the type of lyrics tag in your two tracks in the Tag Inspector and you might be able to see why one highlights and one doesn't.
Bee excellent to each other...

please55

Thank you, that works.

For anyone else looking to replicate this in the future:

- Ctrl-O to open musicbee preferences. Then Tags (2) and define rules for highlighting. The rule to highlight a track with synced lyrics (that is, they have time stamps) will look like this:

There is one small wrinkle. Depending on what plugins you are using and if/how you're saving lyrics to the music file's tags, musicbee might show synced lyrics in the lyrics window but the lyrics haven't actually been embedded in the file. The above rule is checking for embedded lyrics. You would need to embed the lyrics for the above rule to be true. You can do that with a right click on the lyrics and choose embed lyrics.

Would love to know if there is a way to mass embed lyrics over a selection of files instead of one by one.
Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 03:51:36 PM by please55

please55

@ Zak   How were you able to figure out what values Lyrics? returned? Is it fairly easy to describe?

Zak

• Global Moderator
If you want to see the value returned by a tag or virtual tag, I find the easiest way is to add it to the Track Information panel.

I added some lyrics to a test file and that's where I saw the different values for the Lyrics? tag.
It still seemed inconsistent, so Steven would be best placed to explain what that tag actually looks for.

It didn't occur me to test files with external lyrics, and even if it did I wouldn't have bothered because that sounds like a world of hurt.
Bee excellent to each other...