Author Topic: Why doesn't MB play tracks in order?  (Read 1031 times)

ultrarunner2018

Hey guys;
I just purchased some tracks on iTunes (PC app) and converted them to .flac (lossy to lossless, but OK), then did a rescan in MB to add the tracks to my library.
I have a filter set up to display only tracks I added within the last 24 hours.
I clicked on Artist column to sort by artist, but MB isn't playing the tracks in exactly that order.
I have Auto DJ and shuffle turned off, but the tracks do not play in the order (top of list to bottom, or alphabetically) i would have expected.
Here is a link to the track list:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s3rKV3mjLunmgEvtGR_0VSpZ_ZDdwXj1/view?usp=sharing

Any idea why MB chose to play the tracks in this order, and not what I had expected?

Thanks for your help
Ultrarunner

phred

• Global Moderator
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s3rKV3mjLunmgEvtGR_0VSpZ_ZDdwXj1/view?usp=sharing
First of all, I don't use a google account which apparently is needed to see your playlist. I suggest uploading it to MediaFire, which can be done without an account for the uploader and the downloader.

As for your issue:
- What happens if you sort by track number?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
It's not a publicly shared file, so can't see it anyway.

I'm not sure the list of tracks is going to be much help though.
Better would be screenshots of what you're looking at in MusicBee.

And unrelated, but why are you converting aac to flac?
Bee excellent to each other...

ultrarunner2018

This link to Google Drive should work; I set permissions to all users with the link.

The reason I am using .flac rather than .aac is that I ripped many of the tracks from my CD collection, and I preferred lossless format. Also, I am using PowerAmp 3.x on my Android phone, and I'm unsure whether it supports aac.

vincent kars

https://powerampapp.com/ says
plays mp3, mp4/m4a/alac/aac, ogg, opus, wma, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff, dsd (dff/dsf), mka, mpga, tak, flv (audio)

ultrarunner2018

I'll stick with the .flac format. I have more than 3500 tracks and it would be a waste of time to change them to anything else. That said, I may not convert anymore tracks to .flac, so long as Power Amp recognizes them in the same folders with the .flac files. I did read somewhere about an issue with this, but that might have been an older version of PA, or that the user didn't have all of the folders/files selected for scanning. I'll see what happens next time I purchase music on iTunes.

SkyZippr

Looks like MB is playing the albums (title sans 'the') in alphabetical order.

ultrarunner2018

Looks like MB is playing the albums (title sans 'the') in alphabetical order.
OK. That makes sense. I overlooked the albums, as I don't normally listen to tracks by album.
Now, another related question:
Even though I stopped Auto-DJ, MB is still playing a shuffled playlist. I would think that with DJ turned off, the current track would finish, then nothing would play, but I guess I'm missing something.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee will play whatever's in the playing tracks list unless you manually stop it. Auto-DJ's function is to keep adding tracks to the list so it never runs out, but if the tracks are already in the list, turning it off doesn't remove them.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ultrarunner2018

MusicBee will play whatever's in the playing tracks list unless you manually stop it. Auto-DJ's function is to keep adding tracks to the list so it never runs out, but if the tracks are already in the list, turning it off doesn't remove them.
Thanks for the explanation. I am just a tad overwhelmed by all the features in MB, and often miss the obvious.