Author Topic: Album Art Highlight Rule  (Read 828 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I have a highlight rule which displays on the album artwork when in artwork view. I can't seem to do the same with the artwork in the albums and tracks view. Is this not currently possible?

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

please55

Album Art highlights are a separate option from Track highlights (including Album and Tracks view). Simply go to the general highlight rules found in MusicBee preferences - Tags (2). You can replicate the rule there (if its applicable to individual tracks) and it should show up in that panel view.

phred

• Global Moderator
The highlight rule(s) have already been created in Tags (2). And they appear as expected in Album view and Track Details view. They do not appear on the artwork in Album and Tracks view. And yes, "highlight" is set in the Album and Tracks configuration. The highlight does show on the details part of the view, but no on the artwork.

Note the green highlight in the upper right corner of these albums:

Note that it's not showing on the artwork in Albums and Tracks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

please55

My bad. I should have noticed you were a vet.  I too noticed the behaviour today when playing around with highlights. I don't have a more helpful answer other than I think this is expected behaviour if the wording in the dialogue windows is anything to go by. @Steven would have to chime in unless someone has managed to do what you ask.

phred

• Global Moderator
At this point I now think it is intentional as the highlight is on the tracks and therefore isn't needed on the artwork.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
At this point I now think it is intentional as the highlight is on the tracks and therefore isn't needed on the artwork.
thats right - the album highlighting rules are configured and supported only in the album covers view

phred

• Global Moderator
thats right - the album highlighting rules are configured and supported only in the album covers view
Thanks for the confirmation, Steven.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki