Author Topic: Internet Radio - Song Playing Keeps Showing Wrong Information  (Read 736 times)

mereg

https://i.imgur.com/CqHiyYU.jpg

When I use Internet radio I find that when I first open it the scrolling song info shows the name of the song, a dividing symbol, then the band followed by the song name again, another dividing symbol and then it repeats the info. Once the song changes the song name renames the same even though the section with the band and song name properly updates.  Sometimes it takes several songs before the song name stops updating.

The linked image shows that the Hooters are playing but the "Magnificent Seven" was the previous song.  The "Magnificent Seven" will remain with each successive song change unless I close and reopen Musicbee.

This example was from http://radio.streemlion.com:1520

This is driving me crazy.  I glance at my screen to see what is playing and half the time I have to wait for it to scroll to see what is really playing.  I can't seem to find a setting to hide the text that goes static.

Is there a fix for this?

Steven

• Administrator
I can't reproduce any issues with the station provided. Are you using the latest version from the downloads page?

mereg

Help/about says: 3.4.8033 Store. I'm using Win 10 pro.

Ric
Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 03:57:40 PM by mereg

mereg

Steven,

I think this is a pausing issue.  It happens to me on my home computer as well.  I have Musicbee loaded at all times but I pause it overnight and when I answer the phone.

I paused it after it ran fine for hours.  I didn't unpause it for half an hour.  Upon restart the station name was replaced with the name of the last song that I heard.  The currently playing band + song showed correctly.

If I close Musicbee and reopen it the band name becomes the station name and remains the station name. This is what drove me crazy.  I'd look to see what was playing and it told me it was a song I knew I heard earlier and I'd have to wait for the info to scroll to see who the current band and song were.  If I play a different station and return the original station the problem is fixed until the next time I pause.

Ric

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for the information provided. Its fixed for the v3.5 beta update, however as you are using the store version, i wont be updating until the beta is complete later this year, so i suggest you install the standard desktop version and apply the beta update to that by unzipping and copy/replacing the files. Unless you are using a non-standard library location, you should not need to recreate the library
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 09:28:10 AM by Steven

mereg

Steven,

Better but I'm still seeing the same issue.

I've uninstalled the MS Store version, installed the version from your site, downloaded the patch and replaced the two files in Program Files (x86).  Now I get the station blurb, the station web site location, the artist-song, and the name of a song I played earlier (without the artist name) is added to the scroll.  This bonus song name from earlier persists with each new tune.  Here's a video of it: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZ6JtpVZLkrbTNRcRfpp9mwpW7y6oY5zAjBy
The song "Independence Day" doesn't belong there.

Did I do something wrong when I converted to the patched version?  Are there settings to edit what shows in the scroll?  I'd love to see just the "artist-song title".

Thank you,
Ric

Steven

• Administrator
what version does help/about say?
i cant reproduce any issues now nor see how it could happen with the latest 3.5 version

mereg

The problem has disappeared.  Maybe there was a cache issue that needed time to correct.  I've had several days now where the scroll reads properly.  Thank you.  Great job for the best music app on the net.

Ric