Author Topic: Music Bee lay out  (Read 1604 times)

Olympios

Hello friends.
Years ago, I installed Music Bee and after that I only installed updates on top of it, settings remained the same. A few days ago I got a new computer with Windows 11 and installed the newest version of Music Bee on it. I have spent several hours trying to get the same fields lay out as in the previous computer but no luck.
In the old installation I was able to create up to six fields (boxes) in the upper area of the Music Bee screen, where the first was assigned to Titles, the next to Genre, third to Year, next to Artist, etc. For me this was an excellent way to manage my music and find things easy. Has this feature been removed or I just can't remember how to set it up?
Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
perhaps the Vertical Tag editor which you can add using the Panel Arrangement button to the left of the search box

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Also take a look at the column browser
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Olympios

I was able to find an old disk image (where Music Bee was installed) and restored that on a disk in my PC.
As you can see in the following image,

I had created six fields. In the first (Genre), clicking on say BALADAS, in the following fields will place all existing ballads and from the next field I can click on a Composer which will place only songs by that Composer in the following fields. In the next field I pick an Artist and in the next fields will place songs by that artist and... so on.
For me, this was an excellent tool to sort things out easily rather than going through a particular artist's songs in order to find something.
I wonder if you still have an older installation file of Music Bee in case this feature has been removed from newer installations.

Thank you

hiccup

The answer is in the two replies that your question already received.

Olympios

Thanks, guys.
I tried several things but haven't been able to figure out how I did it. Finally I gave up and tried the easy way. I booted my PC from the other drive which contains the old MusicBee installation, made a backup (Edit/Saved setting/... (Thanks, Steven for that feature)), then boot again from the normal drive and using the "modern" MusicBee, I loaded the backup .ini from the older version and... bingo! My modern MB setup has the same looks as the old one!

Thanks guys.

Olympios

I found a document with some instructions I made a few years ago for some friends in a Greek forum, the layout was different. In the image below (it is in Greek but you can tell), in the area of the Main Panel, there was an option to set how many columns (fields) you want at the top of Main Panel. It is marked with the red circle #4. This feature as been removed, that's probably why I can't find a way to create those fields.

hiccup

That looks like a very old MusicBee version of maybe some 10 years ago?
A lot has changed and has been improved since then, including enhancements of the Column Browser.
Perhaps you should pickup the Greek translation again?
Translating MusicBee (unintentionally) was a great help for me to learn all aspects and features.

Olympios

Any chance of finding (archived maybe) a copy of an old installer? I really liked that feature with the columns.

Steven

• Administrator
Its called the 'column browser' and is in all versions of musicbee. Please re-read the instructions you have already been given

ma_t14

Once you enable the column browser, right-click on it and there you'll find an option to set the displayed columns. You can set as many as you wish

Olympios

Got it! Thanks gentlemen, really appreciated.

Música

Couldn't help, but I did enjoy seeing your classic artists' listings. I own a single 320 Kbs  track by Aguilar, and two 128 Kbs ones by Infante -and I don't recall how I got those. I have work To Do. Saludos.