Author Topic: Editing and Saving MusicBee  (Read 373 times)

herbedaceous

I've been using MusicBee for years but have just changed PC and trying to recreate my previous settings.I've got 2 questions

1) I'd assumed that a Saved Settings .MBV file form a few years ago would have worked but I can't remember how I created this or know to install/activate this on my new PC

2) What is this part (ringed round) of the Music Bee view called for editing purposes?. Previously the Artist name was only listed under the track name when it was a compilation or the Artist name was different for the whole album and I'd like to edit this option

https://imgur.com/a/hCiJADT

Any help appreciated please. I've tried searching through the user guide and spent ages going  round in circles through the different configuration menus

Zak

• Global Moderator
1)
MBV files stores the settings for a custom MusicBee View. These are created by clicking the heading at the top-left corner of your main view of albums and selecting Custom Views > Copy Current View Settings To...

Note that it's possible to hide this menu, so yours may not be showing. Right-click in the same place to show it.

To reuse the view in a new installation you'd have to copy that MBV file to the Saved Settings\Views folder where your MusicBee settings are saved.
For a portable installation that will be in the AppData folder in your MusicBee installation folder.
For a normal Windows installation I think it will be somewhere like C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee.

AppData is a hidden folder, so you might have to type it into the Address bar in Windows File Explorer to get to it.

2)
To select which fields are shown for each track, in the same menu select Customise Panel...
Click Show Settings to show the list of fields shown below each track.

It looks like yours is currently showing Artist and Bitrate.
Bee excellent to each other...

herbedaceous

Thanks Zak, that's just what I was after. Much appreciated  :)