Author Topic: Setting default paths  (Read 440 times)

MusicBebe

Hi. New to MusicBee, giving it a try as I reluctantly wean myself from Winamp 5.8, despite the perpetual imminence of its reincarnation under new management.

I am importing playlists via File > Playlists > Import Playlists. And every time, I need to navigate to the location I want, as it always defaults to C:\Users\MyName\Music -- a folder I NEVER use. Is it possible to set the default paths for certain dialogs, or to at least get it to behave like a typical file open dialog, where it retains the previous location? What's strange is, when the dialog first opens, it is actually changing to the location at C:\Users, as though it was set to switch to that from wherever it was.

SonicRings

Why not just drag and drop the playlist file into your playlist explorer?

MusicBebe

Yes that is an option, and I have done that. For some purposes, working with a file dialog may be preferable. The behavior of this dialog was somewhat unexpected, and it seemed like it might be by design. I was wondering if there was a place in settings where paths can be specified. That might account for the unexpected behavior (based on how Windows dialogs typically work.) I thought maybe it was a setting, given how customizable MusicBee seems to be.

hiccup

Another approach could be to use Windows' Quick Access feature.
Select the original folder that contains your playlists, right-click it and select 'pin to quick access'.
From then on it will be available with one click on the left side of the explorer panel when you import a playlist.
When after a while you are done with that folder simply unpin it again.

It's a Windows feature I've overlooked/ignored for a long time but I now use very frequently.