Author Topic: Oblivion (Dark Skin)  (Read 8475 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
A dark MusicBee skin like any other, with the only exception of the progress bar that somewhat aims to break away from tradition.
Download it from the add-on link here.
For the progress bar to be displayed as intended, an update to MB 3.5.8121 or higher is needed.

Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 12:59:12 PM by Mayibongwe
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
If you like this, be sure to also check out hiccup's Tron Punk skin as that is what I have used as a heavy reference while creating this.
A replica of this skin that uses warmer colours can be found here.
The source files for this skin are available for download here.

Known issue      : Scrollbars are hardly noticeable when highlighted.
                               disable the "narrow scrollbars" setting in Preferences -> Layout (1)
Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 11:59:33 AM by Mayibongwe

hiccup

A very nice skin! Thanks for sharing it.
And your new progress bar idea turned out very well.

An observation about the toolbar buttons; I personally find them a bit difficult to read, and when the toolbar is placed in the capture bar, the colouring is probably not as intended:

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Updated. Same download link.
Dark blues are what I'm using to sniff out elements I'm not aware of. (like your greenies in the sample skin)
Do you by any chance happen to know when and where these are supposed to show up?

Menu.CommandButton.Default
MenuBarSeparator
Compact.Player.ProgressButton
NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].Disabled
NowPlayingList.SequenceInfo (specifically the foreground colour)

hiccup

Do you by any chance happen to know when and where these are supposed to show up?
Menu.CommandButton.Default
It's showing up for the text for commands in the floating tag editor panel and also for a button in 'auto-tag by album'.
I think it may get overruled by Toolbar.MenuTextOverride if that one is set.

MenuBarSeparator
It used to draw a horizontal line in some panels, but I think it is obsolete for MB 3.xx

Compact.Player.ProgressButton
To my knowledge it's obsolete.

I believe it is/was used for tracks in the playing panel that became unavailable, such as deleted podcasts.
But it could be it's obsolete now, I'm not completely sure.

NowPlayingList.SequenceInfo
It's the colour for the sequence number if you have several tracks in the now playing panel, and then right-click on one to 'queue next'.

The 'obsolete' observations are guesses, the only person that can tell if elements are indeed obsolete is Steven.

two other observations:

- I think you missed skinning the playlist mixer icon to your liking?
- It may be good to mention that for the progressbar to be displayed as intended, an update to MB 3.5.8121 or higher is needed.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Looks very nice.
Might update my "Faded" skin with that progress bar.

BTW I think you forgot images for "AutoDJ" mode in the player bar
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Quote from: hiccup
- Menu.CommandButton.Default and NowPlayingList.SequenceInfo.
- It may be good to mention that for the progressbar to be displayed as intended, an update to MB 3.5.8121 or higher is needed.
1. Thanks, found them. I assume you'll be updating the sample skin with the new greenies? (the "defunct" elements you mentioned)
2. Ah yes, will include that shortly in the start post.

Quote from: hiccup & Bee-liever
- I think you missed skinning the playlist mixer icon to your liking?
- BTW I think you forgot images for "AutoDJ" mode in the player bar
Had missed those indeed. They are now included (same download link).

Quote from: hiccup & Bee-liever
- Looks very nice. Might update my "Faded" skin with that progress bar.
- A very nice skin! Thanks for sharing it. And your new progress bar idea turned out very well.
And thank you for the compliments, really appreciate it.
Probably a good idea to link this here. https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21109.msg199103#msg199103

hiccup

1. Thanks, found them. I assume you'll be updating the sample skin with the new greenies? (the "defunct" elements you mentioned)
I'll take a more thorough look at that tonight.
I'm trying to be careful labeling an element as obsolete.
The fact that I can't observe an element showing up anywhere doesn't mean it doesn't show up for somebody else. Perhaps using different settings, features, versions etc.

It would be nice if Steven could present a comprehensive overview of all current functional elements and their optional attributes, but I think even for him it's difficult to produce something like that. There is quite some history and complications in all this skinning business that probably doesn't make something like that very straightforward.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Alright it's cool. No worries. It's nothing worth putting too much effort into.

hiccup

I believe it is/was used for tracks in the playing panel that became unavailable, such as deleted podcasts.
But it could be it's obsolete now, I'm not completely sure.
It's not obsolete. It is indeed used when e.g. a podcast is lined up to play but isn't available anymore.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thanks. I can now see it.
(updated)

Xeknos

Would you be willing to release an icon version of the No Artwork graphic for use as the program icon? It's really slick.

Barring that, did you have a preferred suggestion of a program icon to use with this skin?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I am willing but not quite sure if I'll manage to exactly replicate it. I will give it a go and let you know by tomorrow if there are any satisfactory results.
If I fail, then I'd recommend the one below - which is what I'm currently using and find very fitting for this skin.
The icon is from hiccup's 'The Bee hi-res' icon set which you can find here.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Per the request above from Xeknos, I have included an icon to the download link in the start-post.
As mentioned before, it's not exactly like the one in the 'No Artwork' graphic (I used too many effects and blending at first, which pretty much makes exact replication impossible).
But with more refining over time, I can get it close enough. Here's how it currently looks at 256x256:

Additional notes to whom it may concern:
- By placing the icon in the MusicBee skins folder, it will automatically show up in preferences whenever this skin is loaded
  and will, additionally, allow you to keep the 'hamburger' (3 horizontal lines) menu - which is what I personally prefer.

- If the icon is not in that folder and you manually locate & select it from Preferences > General > Select Icon, it will show up both in preferences
  and in place of the 'hamburger' menu.

Xeknos

Thank you! You're a rock star!

Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 01:12:27 AM by Xeknos