Author Topic: When I exit with "Now Playing" still on the screen and reopen the app it crashes  (Read 1913 times)

stitch

When I close with the Now Playing tab open, every-time I open the app it will crash until I immediately switch tabs in the app.

Steven

• Administrator
can you send the last entry in the error log (help/ support/ view error log)
and your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

stitch

It's not showing up in the error log, mostly because it does the Windows "not responding" thing before giving me the option if I want to close or to wait for it to respond. It never does respond, In the times this has happened. And if it does it would probably take more than an hour too.

(Last entry in error log)
3/27/2022 2:16:10 PM - 10.0.19044.0 - 3.5.8116.38499D - System.AggregateException: A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: authToken
   at MusicBeePlugin.DiscordTools.AssetManager..ctor(String authToken, String discordAppId)
   at MusicBeePlugin.DiscordTools.DiscordClient.<AssetManagerInit>d__18.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: authToken
   at MusicBeePlugin.DiscordTools.AssetManager..ctor(String authToken, String discordAppId)
   at MusicBeePlugin.DiscordTools.DiscordClient.<AssetManagerInit>d__18.MoveNext()<---

(Settings file) https://pastebin.com/raw/ZPQZXLfc

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks for sending the settings file, however i cannot reproduce any issues. My suggestion is to disable any plugins you have and if that fixes the issue then re-enable them one by one until you find the one that causes this.

MilkLizard82

I have this issue too.  I'm unable to acquire anything from the Error Log.

Here are the plugins I'm using but it still happens even when I disable them all.

I have found that once I open the Task Manager and End Task on the crashed session of MuiscBee it will then open on a different tab and work ok but it's annoying that it happens at all as the Now Playing tab is often my default when listening and rarely do I remember to change tabs before closing etc.

Steven

• Administrator
can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) and what do you mean by saying it crashes eg. is there an error dialog that shows

MilkLizard82

Thanks Steven!

Settings file is here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k9zxqnlbnpbz1q/MusicBee3Settings.ini?dl=0

By crashing I mean it just freezes and nothing responds.  I'll be playing music on the Now Playing tab then I'll close the app when I'm finished.  Next time I open Music Bee it will open but then I'm unable to play/change tab/do anything at all including closing the app!  It's just frozen and nothing works.  I will have to open task manager then End Task to close it.  Only when I open it again does it then open on a different tab (ie not the Now Playing tab) and then works fine.  Only seems to happen when you close the app on the Now Playing tab.  Very strange.  Appreciate your help.

Oh yeah, there's no dialogue box or error message or anything.  Just freezes.

Steven

• Administrator
I cant reproduce any issues.
Could you try temporarily using a different Now Playing view - eg. the Large Album cover view to see if it makes any difference.
Is your D: drive a fixed drive?

MilkLizard82

I (think!) I've tried using the different Now Playing view Steven.  (If you want to provide idiot-proof step by step instructions on exactly how to do that I'll double check!) but I doesn't seem to have any effect.  The same issue occurs.

And yes my D: drive is a fixed drive.

Thanks again for your help!

Steven

• Administrator
In that case I am afraid I dont know why it crashes. There wasnt anything unusual and your settings worked fine for me