Author Topic: Group Albums by Sort Artist  (Read 8379 times)

MBG

Currently I am able to group albums by artist. Would it be possible to add "group albums by sort artist"?

MusicBee 1.2.4175 / Windows XP Prof. SP3

Steven

• Administrator
if you grouped by Artist
and defined a custom sort for "Sort Artist"
then sorting using "Sort Artist" would achieve very close to the same

MBG

I've already defined a custom sort "Sort Album Artist / Album". But if I select "Group by Artist", the custom sort is locked.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/musicbeesortartist.jpg

MBG

An additional problem if I would be able to use a custom sort "Sort Album Artist / Album": MB would still display the artist name and not the sort artist name, e.g. "Miranda Lambert  5 albums" instead of "Lambert, Miranda  5 albums".

MBG

I would like to bring this up again. As described your solution doesn't work - do you have another idea?

Steven

• Administrator
yes i will do this but probably only in 2-3 weeks time after i finish some skin enhancements

MBG

Thanks, Steven. I am looking forward to it  :)

MBG

Steven

• Administrator
completely forgot about it. I'm in the middle of something now but will do it.

Steven

• Administrator

MBG

Ups ...  :-[

Now that I finally have finished the tagging of my songs with the correct "Sort Artist" and "Sort Album Artist" I found out that I asked for the wrong field - I would need "Sort Album Artist" instead of "Sort Artist".

Steven, would it be possible for you to add "group albums by sort album artist" too? That would be very helpful  :)

MBG

I would like to bring this up again - any chances for a realization?

superstar19

Ups ...  :-[

Now that I finally have finished the tagging of my songs with the correct "Sort Artist" and "Sort Album Artist" I found out that I asked for the wrong field - I would need "Sort Album Artist" instead of "Sort Artist".

Steven, would it be possible for you to add "group albums by sort album artist" too? That would be very helpful  :)

I would also like to request "Group albums by sort album artist" if possible.  Thanks!

beeing good

I would also like to request "Group albums by sort album artist" if possible.  Thanks!

That is already there. Install the v2 and the latest beta if you're not already using it.

superstar19

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using 2.0.4467.   When I right click next to "Albums grouped by Artist" and select "Group By", the only choices are:
Album
Artist
Sort Artist
Composer
and I can't figure out how to make "Sort Album Artist" one of the choices.

<edit> Sorry!  Just realized I don't have the latest beta.  I'll get that installed first!   Thanks again.